12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
This well-planned day-tour to Salzburg enables you to maximize your time in Austria without feeling rushed. Comfortable transportation collects you from your Vienna hotel before heading to Mozart’s hometown. In addition to an organized tour with a private guide, you also enjoy free time to explore Salzburg at your own pace. After visiting Salzburg Cathedral, filming locations for 'The Sound of Music, 'and more, transit returns you to Vienna.
- Enjoy free time to explore Salzburg on your own
- Get the personalized experience of a private guide
- Skip public transit and relax in round trip transportation from your hotel
- See filming locations from the classic film 'The Sound of Music'
- Travel by air-conditioned minivan, with guided commentary
Saved to wishlist!
Live commentary on board
Guided walking tour in Salzburg
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
WiFi on board
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Pick-up at your hotel or private apartment in Vienna (except outer districts).
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- A current valid passport (ID for EU citizens) is required on the day of travel
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY White Alligator Tours OG
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on sanitization during Salzburg Small-Group Day Trip from Vienna?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "The Cathloic church were the Sound of Music was filmed, offers bottled holy water (donation required) for special keepsakes/gifts." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Salzburg Small-Group Day Trip from Vienna
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingViennaBus Tours - SchwechatHistorical Tours - SchwechatFull-day Tours - SchwechatBus Tours - BratislavaHistorical Tours - BratislavaFull-day Tours - BratislavaBus Tours - GrazHistorical Tours - GrazFull-day Tours - GrazCategory
Museum Quarter (MuseumsQuartier)Sigmund Freud MuseumVienna Musikverein (Wiener Musikverein)NaschmarktThird Man Museum (Dritte Mann Museum)KarlsplatzSchönbrunn Zoo (Tiergarten Schönbrunn)Spanish Riding School (Spanische Hofreitschule)Imperial Furniture Collection (Hofmobiliendepot)AugartenAnchor Clock (Ankeruhr)Augarten Porcelain Manufactory (Porzellanmanufaktur Augarten)Burggarten House of Music (Haus der Musik)Liechtenstein Garden Palace (Gartenpalais Liechtenstein)Vienna Woods (Wienerwald)Haus des Meeres - Aqua Terra ZooMaria Theresa Square (Maria Theresien Platz)WestLicht Center for PhotographyWiener Konzerthaus