Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- 1.5-hour after-hours evening tour of Saint Mark's Basilica in Venice
- Small group tour of 15 people or fewer
- See the treasure's of Saint Mark's illuminated just for your nighttime tour
- Learn about the role of the Basilica in Venice's history
- Skip the lines and crowds
Departure & Return
We meet 15 min in advance next to the water well in Piazzetta dei Leoncini which is on the left hand side when facing the Saint Mark's Basilica in St. Mark's Square. Look for our assistant who will be holding a Venice Events sign and an orange umbrella.
What To Expect
Begin by looking around Saint Mark's Square, learning about the origins of Venice through your guide's commentary. Enter the Basilica without waiting in any lines or pushing past any crowds. This after-hours experience really begins when the church custodian unlocks the door for the lucky few evening visitors. There will be a maximum of six small groups in the Basilica with you.
Visit areas not usually open to the public, such as the crypt. Learn about the intricate artworks, such as the Pala d'Oro, a work of Byzantine enamel decorated with more than 1,900 precious gems. View the 43,00 square feet (3,995 square meters) of golden mosaics, illuminated just for your tour.
End your tour after 1.5 hours of exploration and learning.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- Shoulders and knees must be covered in the Basilica
- Backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica
- The tour will take place rain or shine
- Pick up from a centrally located meeting point
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Venice Events srl
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands