3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
This is the ideal pick for first-time visitors to Tokyo. Avoid the tourist traps and benefit from having a guide to take you to secret places that locals love in Ueno. Visit exciting local haunts that you likely wouldn’t find alone such as a standing bar, and a tavern. Learn about the type of food and drinks locals eat and get the chance to try delicious ramen.
- Discover standing bars and taverns that local go to in Ueno
- No language barriers—a guide takes care of the translating
- Small-group tour limited to eight travelers
Saved to wishlist!
Departure & Return
Japan, 〒110-0005 Tokyo, Taito City, Ueno, 7-chōme−1−１ アトレ上野 1F
In front of Starbucks atré beside Ueno station Hirokōji exit.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Best Experience Japan
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Eat and Drink Like A LOCAL : Restaurant, Tavern & Ramen Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Eat and Drink Like A LOCAL : Restaurant, Tavern & Ramen Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Eat and Drink Like A LOCAL : Restaurant, Tavern & Ramen Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Please note that the cost of the food and drink in the restaurants and bar you visit are extra (but very reasonable due to the Ueno location)." See review
- "Me and my family fully recommend this tour (we took a similar food tour in Kyoto, that was OK but Akira's was by far more better, indeed he set our expectations very high)." See review
- "I/we have done food tours all over the world and have never been asked to pay additional money when we arrive to go on the tour." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Eat and Drink Like A LOCAL : Restaurant, Tavern & Ramen Tour
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Sake TastingWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingTokyoSake Tasting - KantoWalking Tours - KantoHalf-day Tours - KantoSake Tasting - MusashinoWalking Tours - MusashinoHalf-day Tours - MusashinoSake Tasting - KawasakiWalking Tours - KawasakiHalf-day Tours - KawasakiCategory
Rainbow BridgeTama Zoological ParkMount Nesugata ObservatoryKagurazakaUeno Park (Ueno Koen)Nakamise Shopping StreetOmotesandoHakone Komagatake Ropeway (Komagatake Ropeway Line)Edo Wonderland (Nikko Edomura)Memory Lane (Omoide Yokocho)Seaside Top ObservatoryHanayashikiSanrio PurolandTokyo City View Observation Deck (Tokyo Sky Deck)Shinjuku Golden GaiNational Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Miraikan)Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo (MOT)Tokyo Camii & Turkish Culture CenterShinagawa AquariumSumida River (Sumida Gawa)