2 days (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Go on a magical adventure to Hakone without feeling rushed by spreading the sightseeing over two days. No need to search for accommodation—an overnight stay in a traditional Japanese ryokan inn with breakfast is included. Highlights include Lake Ashi, Hakone Ropeway, Hakone Open-Air Museum, Hakone Ropeway, Odawara Castle Park, Hakone Museum of Photography, and much more.
- Hassle-free Hakone trip with accommodation and transfers included
- Save time and see the best of Hakone in two days, including Lake Ashi
- Enjoy a guided tour on day one, and independent exploring on day two
- Special opportunity to stay in a traditional Japanese inn—a ryokan
Saved to wishlist!
All guide fees and transportation within Hakone
All Hakone bus fares, mountain train and cable cars
In good weather: Owakudani Ropeway with the view of the volcanic activity at the Boiling Valley and Mt Fuji; Cruising Lake Ashi with a Pirate ship with the view of Mt Fuji
One night stay in a ryokan (traditional Japanese inn) with hotel breakfast
Hakone Free Pass + Odakyu Express Train (Romance Car) from and return to Shinjuku Station
Meals, snacks and drinks
Optional Activities: Ride on the Mt. Komagatake Ropeway that overlooks the Hakone National Park (Optional: 1,300 JPY) Gora Park’s Tea Ceremony in Japanese garden (Optional: 500 JPY) Hakone Open Air Museum with Picasso Gallery (Optional: 1,600 JPY) Crusing Lake Ashi with a two body modern ship and a rope way to the top of Mt. Koma (Optional, Ropeway + Ship fee: 2,220 JPY) Narukawa Art Museum with good view of Mt. Fuji and Japanese paintings (Optional: 1,200 JPY) Public Hot bath at Hakone Yumoto (Optional, Entrance fee: 1,800 JPY, for private indoor bath: +1,000 JPY) Other optional activities in Hakone
Optional Geisha dinner experience (10,000 JPY per person). Must book 1 month in advance.
Optional Kaiseki dinner at hotel on 1st night: 5,000 to 8,000 JPY per person
Departure & Return
Odakyu HALC , 1-chōme-5-1 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku City, Tokyo 160-0023, JapanThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (same room as adults, up to 3 children in one room with 2 adults)
- Minimum of 1 person per booking is required
- Must be booked at least 3 weeks in advance
- Must provide birth date to verify age at the time of booking
- Passport will be required for transportation on tour day
- Transportation cost from Tokyo to Hakone and return is not included (6920 JPY per person, payable to guide on the day of the tour).
- Non-smoking: All the rooms are non-smoking, there are designated areas outside for those who would like to smoke.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- For optional Geisha dinner experience (10,000 JPY per person), guests must have their overnight stay at the hotel, Tonosawa Ichinoyu Honkan Resort in Hakone, which is a traditional ryokan. Guests must share bathroom for this ryokan (private bathroom may not be available). For guests who do not want optional Geisha dinner experience, other ryokan with private bathroom may be booked.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The hotel experience will be a traditional Japanese ryokan, in which there will be tatami floors with futon that guests may sleep on top above the floor.
- Hotel accommodation will be 3 Stars. For guests who would like 4 or 5 star hotel or ryokan, additional costs will apply. Please inquire at booking.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Japan Awaits
You can cancel up to 7 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Hakone Private Two Day Tour from Tokyo with Overnight Stay in Ryokan?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Hakone Private Two Day Tour from Tokyo with Overnight Stay in Ryokan?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Hakone Private Two Day Tour from Tokyo with Overnight Stay in Ryokan?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Hakone Private Two Day Tour from Tokyo with Overnight Stay in Ryokan?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Hakone Private Two Day Tour from Tokyo with Overnight Stay in Ryokan
Explore Similar Things to Do
Multi-day ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursTours & SightseeingTokyoMulti-day Tours - KantoMulti-day Tours - MusashinoMulti-day Tours - KawasakiCategory
Nakamise Shopping StreetHanazono Shrine (Hanazono Jinja)Kitanomaru Park (Kitanomaru Koen)Happo-en GardenShinjuku Park (Shinjuku Gyoen)Ameyoko Shopping Street (Ameya-Yokocho)Ghibli MuseumTokyo JoypolisTokyo Metropolitan Government Office (TMG)Fuji Five Lakes (Fujigoko)Tokyo City View Observation Deck (Tokyo Sky Deck)Mori Art Museum (Mori Bijutsukan)Suntory HallNational Museum of Nature and ScienceMt. Fuji 5th StationSanrio PurolandOdaiba Seaside Park (Oaidaba Kaihin Koen)Edo-Tokyo MuseumMeiji Jingu StadiumZojo-ji Temple