- 13-day tour of Japan from Tokyo to Kyoto
- Travel by bullet train to Takayama in the Japanese Alps and stroll through the Hida Folk Village
- Explore two UNESCO World Heritage-listed temples or shrines, such as Golden Pavilion Temple, and visit the geisha district of Gion in Kyoto
- Small-group tour limited to 12 ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Agora Place Asakusa is conveniently located 1 minutes' walk from Tawaramachi Subway Station and 5-6 minutes from two other subway stations in the heart of Asakusa, Tokyo's traditional downtown area.
Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kyoto-Shijokarasuma is located in the central downtown area of Kyoto, approx. 300m away from Shijo Street with its many shops as well as Nishiki Market.The Gion district, Kamogawa River and Higashiyama temple precinct are also accessible by foot, within 1.5km away.
What To Expect
Enjoy a balanced combination of guided tours and relaxed free time, and relish the freedom to customize your itinerary according to your interests. Experience the exhilaration of activities, such as cable car rides, and delight in the tranquility of UNESCO-listed temples, such as the Golden Pavilion.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Booking must be made at least 21 days in advance
- Minimum age is 15 years
- Please note that on days in which no activities are planned, you are free to explore at your leisure; all activities and purchases will be at your own expense. You will have your tour guide's mobile number in case of emergency.
- On this trip, you're expected to carry your own luggage for up to 30 minutes at a time. Train stations are quite complex and usually require a lot of stair climbing, especially when doing a quick transfer from train to train. Elevators aren't always available and cannot accommodate many people at a time, so if you are choosing to bring a suitcase, please ensure you are able to lift and carry it yourself without difficulty. A backpack is recommended for these reasons. Many inns don't allow suitcases with wheels into rooms with tatami mat floors. Japanese transportation is often quite small and cramped so it's best to pack as light as possible.
- Accommodation: No single Supplements available.Twin Share Basis.
- The following information is required of travelers upon booking:
- Full name, nationality and current country of residence
- Date of birth
- Passport number, issue date and expiry date
- E-mail address
- Existing medical conditions or dietary requirements
- Travel insurer name, contact number and policy number
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Intrepid Group
- If you cancel less than 30 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 30 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 55 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 31–55 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands