- Half-day tour of Pushkin (Tsarskoye Selo) and the Catherine Palace in in St Petersburg
- Explore the beautiful town of Pushkin on a small-group guided tour
- Admire the famous Catherine Palace, once the summer residence of the Russian tsars
- Upgrade to include a tour of the magnificent Pavlovsk Palace
- Enjoy comfortable transportation by air conditioned car or minivan
- Small-group tour to ensure personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels in central Saint-Petersburg
- Passenger Port St. Petersburg "Marine Facade", St Petersburg, Russia, 199226
What To Expect
Formerly known as Tsarskoe Selo, Pushkin is home to one Russia’s grandest royal estates — the Catherine Palace, built in the 1700s as a residence for Catherine I and once called the Palace of Tsarskoe Selo. Originally modest, the palace was remodelled by Catherine’s daughter, Empress Elizabeth, in the mid-1700s, who turned it into the extravagant baroque residence of today.
On arrival, absorb the blue-and-white façade and take a guided tour inside. Marvel at the rococo state rooms and halls embellished with stucco, frescoes and marble, and visit the showpiece —the extraordinary Amber Room.
Covered in amber panels that replicate the originals looted by the Nazis in World War II and subsequently lost, this spectacular room is a vision of shimmering amber work, gold leaf and mirrors.
The original room was dubbed the ‘Eighth Wonder of the World’, and today’s replica was made using 13,000 pounds (6,000 kilograms) of amber.
After your tour, stroll around Catherine Park, the gardens that surround the residence. Walk along the tree-lined avenues and admire the picturesque buildings that speckle the lawns.
If you’ve chosen to upgrade when booking, continue to the Pavlovsk Palace, the elegant residence of Tsar Paul I, the son of Catherine the Great, on the fringes of St Petersburg.
Note the restrained design of the neo-classical building compared to the Catherine Palace, and explore the ornate, themed interiors with your guide. Walk through the ornate Egyptian Vestibule, the elaborate Grecian Hall and Italian Hall, and see the Hall of War, decorated with military models.
Then, visit the beautiful gardens, whose lawns are sprinkled with copses, streams and follies, including pavilions and colonnades.
Your tour then finishes with a drop-off back at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Visa included
- Please note: You will need to contact the local tour operator at least 7 days before your tour commences, either by email or phone, to ensure that they can provide you with the official documentation to allow you to disembark the vessel upon arrival in St Petersburg.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Passport name, number, expiry, country and date of birth is required at time of booking for all participants
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY MariaRose Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience