- Private food and culture walking tour of St. Petersburg
- Learn about St. Petersburg’s cuisine and cultural heritage
- See top landmarks such as the Church on Spilled Blood, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, and the State Hermitage
- Stop at traditional eateries to sample local culinary favorites
- Try dishes like borscht and a glass of ‘kvass,’ the popular beer-like brew
- Pre-set menu dishes included
- Flexible itinerary and personalized attention from a private guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Your guide can meet you at your hotel, hostel or vacation rental.
You don't need to call to confirm the tour. The local supplier will contact you via email
What To Expect
Stroll along the main shopping avenue, Nevsky Prospect, and take in the imperious façade and interior of the Eliseyev Emporium, a large early-20th-century retail complex, famous for its grandiose food hall.
Having explored here, walk on to see city highlights such as the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, the Field of Mars, and St. Michael's Castle with its formal gardens; a former residence of Russia’s emperors. Admire the Russian Museum, and swing by Isaac’s Square to see the 19th-century St. Isaac’s Cathedral. This mighty cathedral took 40 years to build and is crowned by a massive gilded dome that dominates the city skyline.
Wander by the banks of the Moyka River and dive into a trendy coffee shop. Here, take a seat to taste popular local dishes such as cottage cheese fritters with sour cream and a poached egg on baked toast.
Next, make your way through Palace Square, the city’s main square. See the Alexander Column, and admire the majestic State Hermitage Museum and Alexander Garden, as your guide shares information on St. Petersburg’s rich history and cultural heritage.
Head inside a cafe and relax over a Russian tea or a glass of kvass (grain-based beer) teamed with a salad. Alternatively, enjoy a bowl of hearty borscht (beetroot soup) at the Soviet-era cafe Dachniki.
Duly refreshed, amble along the pretty Griboyedov Canal to Bank Bridge, and admire the views from here of the 19th-century Kazan Cathedral. Your tour then finishes with a drop-off at your hotel or a central location in the city.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Choice of restaurants is subject to change
- The tour can be modified to meet your preferences.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Multiple start times available
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Friendly Local Guides
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands