- Private guided tour of the Russian Museum and General Staff Building
- Marvel at the world’s largest collection of Russian art at the Russian Museum
- Discover Impressionist masterpieces at the General Staff Building in the Hermitage complex
- Great-value tour includes hotel pick-up, transfers, and entrance tickets
- Perfect tour for art lovers!
- Private tour ensures the undivided attention of your guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Guests may be picked up from APARTMENT/RAILWAY STATION/AIRPORT/ANY HOTEL located in the city center (Palace Square) or 6km/miles away from it. The guide will be waiting in your hotel lobby or near the building where your apartment is located. The guide will be holding a sign with your last name written on it.
- Pulkovo Airport, St. Petersburg Russia
What To Expect
Hear how the museum complex once belonged to Grand Duke Michael Pavlovich and was transformed into a museum by Alexander III at the end of the 19th century, as you admire the magnificent buildings. Along the way, admire the main collection on display in Mikhailovsky Palace and marvel at the Russian avant-garde collection in the Benois Wing.
After exploring Russia’s largest art collection, follow your guide to the spectacular Hermitage complex, where you’ll enjoy entrance to the beautifully restored General Staff Building. Inside, browse the show-stopping collection of 19th century art and learn more about Russia’s Impressionist and Postmodernist movements. Listen as your guide points out works by artists like Matisse and Picasso; admire exhibitions like the ‘Age of Art Nouveau’ and admire the gala halls of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Empire.
After a morning of unforgettable art, bid your guide farewell and end your tour by the Hermitage in Palace Square.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- 2 starting times available: 10am, 2pm
- If you want to start this tour at a preferable time, please mention this info when making your reservation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- This is a sample itinerary. The order of museum visits (park and palace) may change depending on availability of entrance tickets, museum's days-off, traffic situation in the city.
- The exact entrance times can vary. Pre-booked time periods to enter the museums are assigned only by the management of the museums and is a subject to changes.
- This tour is not recommended for wheelchair passengers, and if a person with a wheelchair decides to participate he/she must have a personal helper to assist
- If you want to take this tour at your preferable time, please leave a note upon making booking or call to confirm your preferred time at least 2 days before the tour
- After experiencing the sights, your tour will conclude inside one of the museums when your guide departs. Transportation back to your hotel is not included.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour is not suitable for cruise passengers as it does not offer port pickup and drop-off or the required blanket visas
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Horosho
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Private Tour of Russian Museum and General Staff Building in St Petersburg.