- Tour the Grand Palace and hear about the royals who lived here
- Stroll the gardens and visit Monplaisir, Peter’s summer villa on the waterfront
- Priority access with skip-the-line entry, and round-trip hydrofoil tickets included
- Personalized attention and commentary from a private guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Guests may be picked up from APARTMENT/RAILWAY STATION/AIRPORT/ANY HOTEL located in the city center (Palace Square) or 6km/miles away from it. The guide will be waiting in your hotel lobby or near the building where your apartment is located. The guide will be holding a sign with your last name written on it.
- Pulkovo Airport, St. Petersburg Russia
What To Expect
Travel to the pier on the River Neva for the high-speed hydrofoil to the Peterhof, the palace and garden complex masterminded by Peter the Great between 1714 and 1721. Board with your guide and enjoy the views of passing landmarks such as the Winter Palace as you speed across the Gulf of Finland to the waterfront palace.
After around 40 minutes, dock at Peterhof pier, and skip the main entrance lines with your pre-booked ticket, enjoying priority access to what’s known as the ‘Russian Versailles.’
Stroll through the gorgeous lawns and parkland of the Lower Gardens, and see some of their celebrated fountains and water features. Marvel at the Grand Cascade, the showpiece terraced fountains that were partly designed by Peter the Great. Admire the gold-coated sculptures, including the central statue of Samson and a lion, and delight in the playing fountains, only operational between May and September.
Take in the Baroque exterior of the Grand Palace, largely the work of architect Bartolomeo Francesco Rastrelli for Peter’s daughter, the Empress Elizabeth, in the late 18th century. Then, tour the opulent interiors, richly decorated in Baroque and Rococo style, and adorned with paintings and gilded furnishings.
View the highlights as your guide tells stories of the Tsars and empresses who lived here, and then continue to Monplaisir, a waterfront palace in the gardens. Explore this villa-style residence, a favored summer retreat of Peter the Great, who often stayed and entertained here.
Later, ride the hydrofoil back to the city center, where your tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We don't operate this tour for cruise ship passengers
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- The tour includes a wait before visiting the palace and an itinerary on foot. This is a walking tour meaning that it will be necessary to walk and stand all the time during this tour.
- This is a sample itinerary in description. The order of museums and activities may change depending on your tour route or hotel location.
- The order of museum visits (park and palace) may change depending on availability of entrance tickets
- If you want to take this tour at your preferable time, please leave a note upon making booking or call to confirm your preferred time at least 2 days after making reservation
- After experiencing the sights, your tour will conclude near Hermitage Museum (Palace Square) located in the center of St Petersburg when your guide departs. Transportation back to your hotel is not included.
- Most travelers can participate
- Transportation time from your hotel to the hydrofoil pier is included in tour time (duration)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Horosho
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms