Explore our promoted experiences
- Early-morning Vatican Museums tour with breakfast
- Explore the Vatican before members of the general public set foot inside
- Enjoy an Italian-American breakfast buffet in the Pinecone Courtyard or Vatican cafeteria
- See top Vatican sights like Raphael’s Rooms, Gallery of Maps and the Gallery of Tapestries with a guide
- Enter the Sistine Chapel to see Michelangelo’s The Last Judgment, and visit St Peter’s Basilica through a fast-track entrance
- Enjoy an intimate tour experience with a small group of no more than 13 people
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. Our City Wonders coordinators will be wearing blue City Wonders/Guideman polo shirts or jackets for easy recognition. The closest metro stop is on line A (red line): Ottaviano - Musei Vaticani. Arriving from Ottaviano - Musei Vaticani metro A station: When you step off the metro, exit the turnstiles, walk straight to the back of the station and go to the left-side exit. Once you've reached the left-side exit, go out on the side marked V.le Giulio Cesare (to your right). Leave the station and walk straight (west) down Viale Giulio Cesare (which turns into Via Candia) for 3 ½ blocks, crossing three junctions (1. Via Vespiano 2. Via Leona IV and 3. Via Santamaura) before getting to Via Tunisi, the fourth junction. Turn left down Via Tunisi and walk straight for a block. In front of you will be a set of wide steps with a handrail running down the center. Your meeting point is at the BOTTOM of these steps. In total, the walk from the metro station to the meeting point should take around 10 – 15 minutes. Arriving from St. Peter's Square: Facing St. Peter's Basilica from the center of piazza (near the obelisk), turn right (north) and exit the piazza through the columns. Follow the Vatican walls (which will always be on your left side) all the way around to the entrance of the Vatican Museums (the entrance is on the left as you go uphill on Viale Vaticano.) This walk should take around 15 – 20 minutes.
What To Expect
Both tour options end at St Peter’s Basilica, which you have access to via a VIP entrance. Inside, prepare to be wowed by art like Michelangelo’s Pieta sculpture and Bernini’s Baldacchino canopy. When your tour ends and you say goodbye to your guide, you are welcome to stay inside St Peter’s Basilica.
See the Itinerary section below for details about the two tour options.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter to the museums. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- If there is bad weather on the day of your tour, your breakfast will be served inside the restaurant, in the Pinecone Courtyard
- Please note: St Peter's Basilica is not included in the tour until further notice due to venue restrictions.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience