- 3-hour private skip-the-line Vatican City tour
- Join a knowledgeable guide for a tour of the famous collections in the Vatican Museums
- See ancient Roman artifacts as well as masterpieces from different artistic eras
- Marvel at the singular beauty of the frescoes in the Raphael rooms
- Stand in the Sistine Chapel in awe at the work of Michelangelo
- Visit St Peter's Basilica, the largest church in Christendom, to cap off the experience
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Near the Vatican Museums entrance Address: Meeting point: in front of Vatican Entrance, at "CAFFE VATICANO" meet your guide holding the sign "Once in Rome" Directions: Metro stop Ottaviano line A, once you got off your train go upstairs and take the first exit on the left, and the stairway to the right, you'll end up at the crossing between Via Ottaviano and Viale Giulio Cesare, cross Via Ottaviano which should be on your left (so keep walking on via Giulio Cesare) until you see a flowers stand, turn left (the street you see in front of you is Via Leone IV) until you see a pedestrian crossing with traffic lights, Cross the street and follow the walls you see on your left (those are the walls of the Vatican State) the street climbs up slightly, follow it ( the name of the street is Viale Vaticano) until you reach number 100 (on your right), it is a bar called CAFFE' VATICANO, your guide will be waiting for you outside of the cafè holding a 'Once in Rome' sign. By CAB: ask the driver to take you to the Vatican Museums (Musei Vaticani) NOT to the Vatican, if you see he is dropping you off by a church tell him you want to go to the entrance of the Museums! If your driver got it right you should see a big wall and 2 big doors, keep those across the street and walk to the street number 100, Caffè Vaticano (right across the big entrance gate with two statues on top), your guide will be waiting for you there holding a 'Once in Rome' sign. Bus: we do not recommend using buses to go to the Vatican Museums, as it it much more confusing and time consuming than the metro) Dates: Monday thru Saturday Ending point: Concludes at St. Peter’s Basilica
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please arrive at least 15 mins prior to departure time
- Depending on your group size, be sure to select the correct option at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Please remove your hat before entering the Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica as a sign of respect
- On occasion the Vatican or certain areas of the Vatican are closed without notice. The tour will continue with an alternate route. There will be no refunds.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 1 paying adult
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Once in Rome Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Skip the Line Private Tour: Vatican Museums Sistine Chapel St Peter Basilica.