Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Full-day food and wine-tasting tour to Tuscany’s Chianti region and Umbria from Rome
- Swap Rome for the gentle countryside and hill towns of Tuscany and Umbria
- Visit the charming walled town of Cortona in Tuscany, made famous by Frances Mayes’ book ‘Under the Tuscan Sun’
- Enjoy a delicious 4-course lunch of regional dishes at an authentic farmhouse restaurant
- Soak up Chianti’s rolling green hills on a drive to Montepulciano
- Sample some fruity Montepulciano wines at a rustic wine cellar
- Learn about Tuscan and Umbrian cuisine and Chianti wines from your expert guide
Departure & Return
the customers have to come at the meeting point at least 10, 15 minutes before departure.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Hop off the coach in Cortona, the setting for the best-selling travel memoir, 'Under the Tuscan Sun' by Francis Mayes, and stroll the cobblestone lanes, lingering in squares, taking in the medieval ambiance of the place. Take some free time here to enjoy the town and visit the Cathedral of St. Margaret.
Along the banks of Lake Trasimeno in Umbria, tuck into an authentic farmhouse lunch, indulging in a lavish 4-course meal of regional delights, washed down with some locally made wine (at own expense). See itinerary for a sample menu.
Then board the bus again to drive through the rolling hills of Chianti stopping in the medieval hill town, Montepulciano. In one of the town's oldest wine cellars, sample some of Montepulciano's ruby-red wines and learn about the chief characteristics of what you are imbibing.
After the wine sampling, head back to Rome where the tour concluded with a drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: This is a Multilingual Tour
- Tour is suitable for wheelchair users provided passenger is traveling with a companion who can assist them on and off the bus. Wheelchairs will be stored in the luggage area of the bus.
- Minimum numbers apply (we require a min. of 6 pax). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- OPERATED BY Greenline Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms