Explore our promoted experiences
- 3-hour tour of the Catacombs of St Sebastian from Rome
- Walk along the ancient Roman road Via Appia
- Visit the Basilica of St Sebastian
- Go underground to take in the the catacombs
- Learn about the ancient Christian burial chambers and their importance as a pilgrimage site
- See the Aqueducts and the Appian Way
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 13 people allows for a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Meet your guide in front of the Basilica di Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri, close to the "Repubblica" Metro station. Your guide will be holding a "Mea Tours" sign Directions: Closest Metro station is Repubblica Line A
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your guide explains the significance of the church façade, then takes you inside to see the tomb of St Sebastian. Next, descend to the catacombs, the first burial site of the Appian Way. As you look around, your guide shares informative commentary about the catacombs, such as the legend that they once held the bodies of the apostles St Peter and St Paul.
Continue along the Via Appia to the tomb of Cecilia Metella, which dates to the first century BC and was made to honor the daughter of the Roman Consul. It later became a castle for the Caetani family, an aristocratic family with close ties to the papacy.
Head to the magnificent Aqueduct Park to take in the largest aqueducts of the Roman Empire. Gaze over aqueduct arches that stretch over miles and see one that supplies water to this day.
Your tour ends with return to the Basilica di Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri, which is located in the Piazza della Repubblica.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 13 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mea ToursEvents S.r.l.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "This tour does involve walking over uneven surfaces and up and down some narrow stairs." See review