3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
If you're interested in religious history, don't miss visiting two of Rome’s historical basilicas on this tour with a knowledgeable guide. First up is the Basilica of St Paul Outside the Walls, one of the lesser visited basilicas in Rome despite its status as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Then head to St Peter in Chains, located in the city center and home to a statue of Moses by Michelangelo. Learn about the significance of these sites dedicated to Peter and Paul, and visit the prison where they were once held.
- Rome basilica tour
- Visit the Basilica of St Paul Outside the Walls, a World Heritage–listed papal basilica located south of the city
- See St Peter in Chains, consecrated in the year 439
- Learn about the history of Peter and Paul in Rome, including their imprisonment
Saved to wishlist!
Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Departure & Return
Via del Corso, 306, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Piazzale San Paolo, 1, 00146 Roma RM, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Eternal City Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
St Peter and St Paul Basilica Walking Tour in Rome
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursArchaeology ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingRomeCity Tours - Lake BraccianoArchaeology Tours - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake BraccianoCity Tours - Lake BolsenaArchaeology Tours - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaCity Tours - AssisiArchaeology Tours - AssisiWalking Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiHalf-day Tours - AssisiCategory
Church of Sant'Agnese in Agone (Chiesa di Sant'Agnese in Agone)Church of Saint Ignatius of Loyola (Chiesa di Sant'Ignazio di Loyola)Orange Garden (Giardino degli Aranci)Circus of Maxentius (Circo di Massenzio) Quirinale Palace (Palazzo del Quirinale)St. Peter's Basilica (Basilica di San Pietro)St. Peter's Square (Piazza San Pietro)Column of Marcus Aurelius (Colonna di Marco Aurelio)Castel Romano Designer OutletPiazza della RotondaBasilica of Santa Maria del Popolo (Basilica di Santa Maria del Popolo)Basilica of San Clemente al Laterano (Basilica di San Clemente al Laterano)Madama Palace (Palazzo Madama)Theater of Marcellus (Teatro di Marcello)Piazza della Bocca della VeritàPiazza BarberiniOratorio di San Francesco Saverio del CaravitaChiesa Nuova (Chiesa di Santa Maria in Vallicella)Baths of Diocletian (Terme di Diocleziano)Basilica of Santa Maria in Trastevere (Basilica di Santa Maria in Trastevere)