Explore our promoted experiences
- Tour the Villa Borghese with an art historian guide
- Enjoy the uncrowded atmosphere of the intimate museum
- See works by Carvaggio, Bernini and Raphael
- Learn about the history of the building and Cardinal Borghese's collection
Departure & Return
Directly in front of the Galleria Borghese's double staircase, in the little piazza.The easiest way to reach this is by taxi, but it is also walkable from the top of the Spanish Steps, taking the Metro stop "Spagna," ascending the staircase, taking a left, then following the signs through the park towards the Galleria. This is about a 20 minute walk.
What To Expect
Pre-reserved tickets and the museum's policy of letting groups in at 2-hour intervals means the space is never overcrowded. Upon entry, admire the architecture and opulent decoration of this museum, once only open to royals and dignitaries. Built in the 1600s by Cardinal Scipione Borghese to house his impressive art collection, the space is now one of the most intimate museums in Rome.
Follow your guide on a tour of the collection's highlights, including Canova's 'Pauline Bonaparte', Carvaggio's 'John the Baptist' and Bernini's 'the Rape of Proserpina'. Rely on your guide's knowledge of the collection to gain insight and interpretation in to the art's history and folklore. Hear about the Cardinal's personal quirks and how they informed the collection, as well as some history about the building itself. The small-group nature of the tour means you have the opportunity to ask questions and get some personalized attention from your guide.
Your tour ends back at the original starting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that the second floor of the Borghese Gallery is not wheelchair accessible.
- The tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- The Borghese museum does not allow any bags, purses into the galleries. All such items must be checked before entering the museum, which your guide will help you with upon arrival.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Walks complies with all local government regulations. You may need to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination to enter certain venues. Please refer to Italy government guidelines for the most up to date information.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Walks - Italy, Spain & Greece
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms