- Explore the underground chambers were wild animals were caged
- Wander along the passages used by gladiators before the games
- Visit the arena floor as you learn about bygone battles that took place there
- Learn about Imperial-era life on a tour of the Roman Forum
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
In front of COLOSSEO METRO Station, Ground Level Exit, nearby the Newsstand and across the road from COLOSSEUM, Piazza del Colosseo 22, Roma 00184.
What To Expect
A symbol of ancient Rome, the impressive amphitheater is rich with history. Hear tales of the ancient gladiators who fought wild beasts to the delight of the bloodthirsty crowds, and learn about the cruelty and clemency of the emperors who presided over the games.
As you learn about the gladiatorial games, explore the areas that are normally off-limits to the general public. See the underground chambers where wild animals were kept in cages, and wander along the passageways that gladiators once paced along.
From the Colosseum, head into the heart of the Roman Forum to learn about daily life in ancient times. Amble around the temples and arches as you listen to tales of the politics and religion of Imperial Rome.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Identity Card and Covid-19 Vaccine Passport are required
- Please provide all the necessary information during the booking, Including names, birth dates, etc., so that the tour can elaborated soonest possible
- Your Guide will be waiting for you holding a Sign with the name of our company TOURS OF ROME in the Meeting point.
- Highly recommended to arrive to the meeting point 10 minutes before the official start time
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- luggage and big backpack are not allowed inside the Colosseum
- Flammable Sprays, Selfie sticks, knifes or any kind of guns or cutters even with license can not enter the Colosseum
- Because of some restrictions by the Colosseum Authorities the part of Underground Chambers visit will be conducted by a local expert archaeologist of the Colosseum and will be in a group
- Police control and metal detector controls can slow the fast track entrance
- Confirmation with all the details of the tour will be received after Booking the Colosseum underground chambers tickets
- Tour may start with ancient Rome and then move to Colosseum and will finish with the local archaeologist of the Colosseum
- Tour may start with Colosseum and will finish in the Roman Forum with your guide
- We highly recommend to have an on the road cell phone to be easy to contact us and to contact you if necessary
- For a quick response you can use iMessage, Whatsapp and Viber for texting us
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- In case of Dangerous Rain it can be impossible to walk inside Colosseum Undergrounds and you will be given 45 minutes on the ARENA FLOOR where you can see all the underground sections without walking inside it
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tours of Rome
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Keep in mind that, although English-speaking guides know that tourists all over the world follow them (because there are not guidances in their native languages), they don't try to talk a little more slowly and easily." See review
- "Seeing the underground part of the Colosseum is so worth it, and it's SO worth it to skip the lines/avoid the crowds, too." See review