- Visit the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica
- See galleries, courtyards, and papal apartments
- Take in the Sistine Chapel
- Interior access to St. Peter's Basilica
- All entrance fees included
- Skip the line
- Small group limited to six people
Departure & Return
in front of Caffé Vaticano, on viale Vaticano 100, just across the street from the Museum entrance. Your guide will be holding a LIvTours sign.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Pass through a series of gardens and terraces, where you find early Renaissance architecture and an exquisite modern art piece, then see the collection of Roman and Greek artifacts in the Octagonal Courtyard.
Visit the Muses Room, the Round Room, and the Greek Cross Room, then take in the maps and tapestries in the galleries on your way to the Julius II apartments and the Raphael Rooms, part of the papal apartments.
Enter the Sistine Chapel through a tiny door, with time to take in the brilliant frescoes that the ceiling and walls. From the Sistine Chapel, continue to St. Peter’s Basilica through an interior passageway—this allows you to skip the exterior line—and finish the tour in the enormous Catholic shrine, which contains masterpieces of design, sculpture, and artwork.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Occasionally the basilica may be closed due to last minute private events outside of the tour operators control and often without notice. In these uncommon circumstances the tour will operate as usual and the time spent inside the basilica will be made up elsewhere on the tour
- Please note that tours selected on Wednesday mornings at 10 am can be periodically effected by the closure of St Peter's Basilica due to last minute decisions by the Vatican. Please be insured the lost time will be compensated with other areas of the museums.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY LivTours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Skip the Line Vatican, Sistine Chapel & St. Peter's Tour | Small Group & Private.