Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- 3.5-hour Vatican Museums tour
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people provides an intimate experience
- Skip the long entrance lines at the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica
- See Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel in the Apostolic Palace
- Catch site of the modes of transportation of past and present popes in the Pavilion of Carriages
- Visit the Pinecone Courtyard, Hall of the Maps, Gallery of the Tapestries, and Room of Muses
- Hear lesser-known insider stories about the Vatican that aren’t told on other tours
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Because your group will have 10 people in it at the most, it makes it easier to hear your guide while you follow him or her through the museum. Listen to interesting insider information about past popes, the Vatican itself, and mysteries that still go unsolved today.
Visit many of the exhibits and areas of the museum, including the Hall of Maps, the Belvedere Courtyard, the Gallery of the Tapestries, the Room of Muses, the Pinecone Courtyard, the Round Room, and the Candelabra Gallery. Your last stop in the museums is at the very famous Sistine Chapel.
After the Sistine Chapel, make your way to St. Peter’s Basilica. Taking the direct entrance from the chapel allows you to also skip the long lines here. Your guide leaves you at about 6p.m., and you’re free to explore all you want until closing time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 6 years
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Special Note about St. Peter's Basilica: It is possible that due to Papal events, some planned in advance and some at the last minute, that access to St. Peter's Basilica and/or the Sistine Chapel from the Vatican Museums will be closed or that the Basilica will be completely closed off to the public. In these cases, we will do our best to inform guests ahead of time and provide alternatives. This is not always possible, however, and in the case of a last minute interruption, extra time will be spent exploring the Vatican Museums. In such cases, no partial refunds will be provided.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY EcoArt Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Skip the Line: Small Group Stories of the Vatican Tour including St. Peter's Basilica.