- Combine two best-selling Rome tours for a discounted price
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to the famous Colosseum and learn about its brutal past
- Discover top landmarks like the Trevi Fountain and Pantheon
- Enjoy a home-made Italian gelato in summer or a cappuccino or hot chocolate in winter
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointProvince of Rome, Province of Rome, Lazio
**For the morning tour - Colosseum at 10AM** meet at Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the second floor of the Colosseo metro stop (Line B - blue line). Your guide will be wearing a blue City Wonders polo shirt or jacket. If arriving by metro, exit the turnstiles at the Colosseo station and take an immediate right down the tiled hall to the escalator/stairs in the metro station. At the top of the escalator, go right and up the short flight of stairs to exit. Turn left and take the stairs ahead on the left to the small, oval-shaped “square” above the metro with views of the Colosseum. This is your meeting point. **For the afternoon tour - Best of Rome Walking Tour at 3:30PM** Near the Piazza di Spagna metro station entrance under the palm trees in the piazza next to the red ‘M’ sign. Your City Wonders coordinators will be wearing blue City Wonders polo shirts or jackets for easy recognition.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your day of sightseeing starts near the Colosseum, where you meet your guide and take a walk up Oppian Hill for a view of the amphitheater, perhaps Rome’s most iconic symbol. Then walk back down and enter the Colosseum with your skip-the-line ticket, allowing you to jump the main entrance queue and go straight inside. Explore the first two levels of the arena, listening to brutal stories about the gladiator battles and other bloody events that once took place here.
Exiting the Colosseum, walk over to the Roman Forum, stopping by the Arch of Constantine on the way. Then walk up Palatine Hill for more views of the ruins before your tour ends on Via Sacra, the street that connects Capitoline Hill to the Colosseum.
At this point, you have free time to get some lunch and explore on your own before the second part of your Super Saver begins (lunch is at your own expense).
Best of Rome Walking Tour
In the afternoon, your walking tour starts at Piazza di Spagna, where you meet your guide and set off around Rome’s historic center. Admire the famous Spanish Steps, which lead up to the Trinita dei Monti church, and then walk to the Trevi Fountain, perhaps Rome’s most famous fountain, known for its legend that states if you throw a coin in the water, you will return to Rome someday.
Continue to the square that ancient Romans considered to be the center of the city, Piazza Colonna, and then visit the stately Pantheon. Walk through lively Piazza Navona, where street artists show off their talents and visitors mingle around the baroque fountains.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Only very small bags are allowed in the Colosseum
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Rome Combo: Colosseum & Forum with Rome Must-See Walking Tour.