- Ancient Rome tour with a private guide
- See the ancient chariot racing grounds at Circus Maximus
- Explore Aventine Hill
- See the famous perspective viewpoint in the Aventine Keyhole
- Private guide for a personal experience
- Entrance fees included
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Here and throughout the tour, your guide helps bring the ancient world to life, telling stories, and using an iPad as a visual aid; take advantage of your time with a private guide to ask questions about Roman life, history, and culture.
Continue to Aventine Hill to see some of Rome’s most elegant houses, on quiet streets lined with fragrant pine trees. Stop to see the medieval churches of St. Alexius, Boniface, and Sabina, which contain remarkable collections of art and relics. Keep walking to the “Aventine Keyhole,” where you find a gorgeous view of St. Peter’s Basilica from a tiny hole in a garden door.
The final stop of the tour is the Orange Garden, also called Savelli Park, where you'll finish the tour strolling between rows of bitter orange trees, and looking out over gorgeous views of Rome.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- No dress code required. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- The tour is wheelchair accessible
- Approximately 1.5 km of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Raphael Tours & Events
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience