Explore our promoted experiences
- Top-rated tour of Vatican City highlights
- Head straight to the most important pieces in the immense Vatican Museum collection
- Hear the history and legends of the Sistine Chapel
- Visit the tombs of former popes in the underground ‘Vatacombs’
- Skip-the-line access to St. Peter’s Basilica
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Via Sebastiano Veniero 19, nearest metro station is called Ottaviano / San Pietro / Musei Vaticani on Linea A which on any Rome metro map is coloured orange.
The tour concludes on St. Peter's Square in front of St. Peter's Basilica.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- On days immediately surrounding religious holidays at the Vatican, alterations to tours may become necessary due to partial closings of areas normally included in this tour. In the event that the Papal tombs beneath St. Peter's Basilica are closed, the tour of the Basilica itself will be extended and no refunds made
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Maximum 20 travelers on this tour, hand sanitizer made available (we will provide), mandatory mask-wearing on the tour (bring your own)
- Covid-19 Restrictions may affect this tour and the ability to pass from the Sistine Chapel to St. Peter's Basilica directly. If this is the case, your guide will provide you with an explanation of the major works or art inside St. Peter's at the conclusion of your Vatican Museum tour, and you will then be able to walk to the main Basilica entrance and explore the church on your own
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY When In Rome Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "With the Vatican being so busy, a tour is mandatory." See review
- "It seems to be par for the course, so don't expect time to contemplate much, it's like a drive by, on foot!" See review
- "For those of you going to Rome - it's worth the skip the line and get your own tour guide; you won't learn or understand nearly as much on your own ." See review