8 to 9 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
When your cruise ship docks at Civitavecchia port, make the most of your time with a self-guided, full-day shore excursion in Rome, customized to match your interests and preferred pace. Visit the heart of the Vatican at St. Peter’s Square or step back in time to Imperial Rome at the Colosseum and Roman Forum. The day is yours to spend as you like, and your driver makes it all happen with ease. Please note that all food and entrance fees are at your own expense.
- Civitavecchia shore excursion: Self-guided day trip to Rome with a driver
- Get inside tips from your private driver
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- See Rome's highlights at your own pace
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Saved to wishlist!
Private English-speaking driver
Booklet (available in German, French, English or Spanish)
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Port pick-up and drop-off
Food and drinks
Skip the Line tickets to the main Rome attractions (Colosseum and Vatican)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-up and drop-off provide upon request. Please provide your preferred pick up time. We usually suggest around 8:00 am anyway you can customize it at your choice.
- Civitavecchia Port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Cruising Rome
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Civitavecchia Port: 9 Hours Luxury Private Full-Day Shore excursion of Rome
8 to 9 hours
3 hours 10 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursAudio GuidesPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportRomeShore Excursions - Lake BraccianoBus Tours - Lake BraccianoAudio Guides - Lake BraccianoPorts of Call Tours - Lake BraccianoFull-day Tours - Lake BraccianoShore Excursions - Lake BolsenaBus Tours - Lake BolsenaAudio Guides - Lake BolsenaPorts of Call Tours - Lake BolsenaFull-day Tours - Lake BolsenaShore Excursions - AssisiBus Tours - AssisiAudio Guides - AssisiPorts of Call Tours - AssisiFull-day Tours - AssisiCategory
Villa MediciRome Opera House (Teatro dell'Opera di Roma)Case Romane del CelioBasilica di Santa Maria Sopra MinervaGladiator MuseumPorta MaggioreSt. Paul's Within the Walls Church (Chiesa di San Paolo Entro le Mura)Trajan's ColumnVatican Obelisk (Obelisco Vaticano) Santi Cosma e Damiano Church (Chiesa dei Santi Cosma e Damiano)Theater of Marcellus (Teatro di Marcello)Euroma2Catacombs of Rome (Catacombe di Roma) Vatican Grottoes (Grotte Vaticane)St. Peter's Basilica (Basilica di San Pietro)Basilica di Sant'AgostinoKeats-Shelley HouseWelcome to RomeProtestant Cemetery of Rome (Cimitero Acottolico di Roma)Church of Saint Louis of the French (Chiesa di San Luigi dei Francesi)