1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Get a behind-the-scenes introduction to one of Rome’s most iconic landmarks during this private guided tour of the Castel Sant’Angelo. Learn how the fortress once known as the Mausoleum of Hadrian was acquired by the Vatican to house lavish papal apartments and even a papal prison. Tours include skip-the-line admission tickets.
- A skip-the-line private tour of the Castel Sant’Angelo
- Learn the little-known history behind one of Rome's quirkiest monuments
- Follow a tailor-made itinerary, including panoramic terrace views over Rome
- Bypass the usual wait times with skip-the-line admission tickets (included)
Saved to wishlist!
Departure & Return
Castel Sant'Angelo , Lungotevere Castello, 50, 00193 Roma RM, ItalyThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Blue Cat Rome Tours
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Castel Sant’Angelo & Mausoleum of Hadrian - Private Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the social distancing policy during Castel Sant’Angelo & Mausoleum of Hadrian - Private Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Castel Sant’Angelo & Mausoleum of Hadrian - Private Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "This is a must for students of papal history or just Rome, you will be impressed." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Castel Sant’Angelo & Mausoleum of Hadrian - Private Tour
1 hour 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRomeWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiCategory
Turtle Fountain (Fontana delle Tartarughe) Tours & TicketsFarnese Palace (Palazzo Farnese) Tours & TicketsBasilica of Saint Mary in Cosmedin (Basilica di Santa Maria in Cosmedin) Tours & TicketsHouse of Livia (Casa di Livia) Tours & TicketsPamphilj Palace (Palazzo Pamphilj) Tours & TicketsRome Civitavecchia Cruise Port (Civitavecchia Terminal Crociere) Tours & TicketsTheater of Marcellus (Teatro di Marcello) Tours & TicketsPalazzo Altemps Tours & TicketsMadama Palace (Palazzo Madama) Tours & TicketsPortico of Octavia (Portico di Ottavia) Tours & TicketsMontecitorio Palace (Palazzo Montecitorio) Tours & TicketsForum Boarium (Foro Boario) Tours & TicketsAqueduct Park (Parco degli Acquedotti) Tours & TicketsAncient Rome Tours & TicketsSt. Peter's Basilica (Basilica di San Pietro) Tours & TicketsVia Sacra Tours & TicketsVatican Gardens (Giardini Vaticani) Tours & TicketsBaths of Caracalla (Terme di Caracalla) Tours & TicketsCastel Sant'Angelo National Museum (Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo) Tours & TicketsVilla Celimontana Tours & Tickets