- All entrance fees included
- Excellent value for money
- Led by a local guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Skip the line
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure Point: At the newsagent in front of the Colosseum Metro Station Exit - ground level (there is only one exit, just in front of the monument) street address is: Via dei Fori Imperiali, 21 00184, Roma. Your tour guide will be holding a sign with your name. Directions: By cab: taxis will leave you on the upper level of COLOSSEO Metro Station. Go downstairs, reach the ground level and wait for your guide by the newsagent. By metro: COLOSSEO stop METRO B Line
What To Expect
Throw a coin into the water when you reach the Trevi Fountain to ensure your return to Rome. Stop for lunch (own expense) at one of the restaurants in the area before heading on to the Government District. See the Palace of the Council of Ministers, the Parliament and the Column of Marcus Aurelius.
See the Temple of Hadrian on your way to the Pantheon, where you'll see tombs of Italian kings as well as the artist Raphael.
Continue on to the Ancient Baths of Nero and then to Piazza Navona to see Bernini's famous fountain in its center.
Visit the Vatican as your final stop. See the highlights in the enormous Vatican Museums, including the Raphael Rooms and Michelangelo's frescoes in the Sistine Chapel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and select museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Because of the growing popularity of the current pope Francis and his intense activity in organising mass events in the Vatican some areas might get closed last minute without previous notice. This has already happened this year and can happen again during your Vatican tour: the Sistine chapel and/or the Basilica of Saint Peter might not be accessible. In case of such events our tour guide will provide you with a valuable alternative focusing the tour inside the Vatican museums.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Raphael Tours & Events
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Best of Rome in a Day Private Guided Tour Including Vatican, Sistine Chapel, and Colosseum.