Explore our promoted experiences
- Explore the fascinating ancient ruins of Pompeii with a guide
- See the destruction of Mt Vesuvius' massive eruption thousands of years ago
- Enjoy a pizza lunch with your fellow travelers
- Hike to the summit of Mt Vesuvius and peer into the crater
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Follow your guide on a walking tour of this UNESCO World Heritage-listed site and learn about Europe’s largest archeological grounds. Stop at the Forum, Thermal Baths, Vetti’s House and the Lupanare brothel. Your guide will offer historical context and insight into local life here back in 79 AD. Once you’ve explored the grounds, savor an Italian pizza lunch with your group before enjoying time to wander the shops.
Afterward, travel by air-conditioned coach to Mt Vesuvius and journey on a moderate hike to the top of the active volcano with your guide. At the summit, some 3,900 feet (1,200 meters) above sea level, take in panoramic views of the Bay of Naples. Roam around the volcano's mammoth crater and keep an eye out for plumes of escaping steam. If you prefer to skip the hike, you'll enjoy free time while waiting for the group, but the trip to the top is definitely worth the effort.
After successfully climbing the top of Mt Vesuvius, relax with a ride back to your Naples hotel or back to the port in your comfortable coach.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended for climbing Mt. Vesuvius
- We require a minimum of 2 participants in total every day to operate this tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not at least 2 participants for this tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Transport is by coach: group sizes of up to 50 people
- Please note that for the Mt Vesuvius part of the tour, among the 4 languages available, only the English language is always guaranteed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- In case Mt. Vesuvius National Park is closed due to bad weather conditions and/or other circumstances beyond our control, you will be refunded the entrance tickets to the National Park
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 21 travelers
- OPERATED BY Project Napoli Service
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms