- Explore Zenko-ji, one of Japan’s oldest Buddhist temples
- Take a break from sightseeing to enjoy a sake-tasting experience
- Learn about snow monkeys in their natural habitat at the Snow Monkey Park
- Enjoy a traditional Japanese lunch at a restaurant near Nagano
Departure & Return
For guests joining in Nagano City: your guide will be waiting in front of the Information Board, directly across from the shinkansen/bullet train ticket gates at 09:35.
For guests joining from Tokyu Hotel in Hakuba (winter only)*: your guide will meet you at the entrance of the hotel at 07:45 holding a Snow Monkey Resorts Sign
For guests joining from Happo Bus Terminal (winter only)*: your guide will be waiting at Happo Bus Terminal at 07:55 holding a Snow Monkey Resorts Sign
Tour concludes at JR Nagano Station with an estimated arrival time of 17:30
Tour concludes at Happo Bus Terminal with an estimated arrival time of 18:30
Tour concludes at Tokyu Hotel with an estimated arrival time of 18:45
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour includes a reasonable amount of walking including to and from the monkey park along a 1.6km (1 mile), unsealed forest trail. Please sure your footwear is approriate and you are dressed accordingly for the season.
- Guests are required to follow the Snow Monkey Park rules at all times. Guests are not permitted to touch, hold, feed or bathe with the monkeys at any time. There are no barriers separating the monkeys from visitors to the park. Please ensure you keep a minimum distance of 1 to 2 meters between yourself and the monkeys. Your guide will explain the rules prior to entering the park.
- There are a few days in the year that the monkeys might not come down to the park. In such case we will provide an alternative activity.
- Infants (0-5) are welcome to join the tour free of charge and as such, do not receive lunch. If food is required, please order and pay directly at the restaurant.
- This tour includes lunch at Monzen Terrace Enya. On rare occasions it may not be possible to use this restaurant in which case we would switch to another, comparable location.
- The start and finish of the tour are arranged according to the bullet train (called Hokuriku Shinkansen) timetable. See below for specific timetables on the bullet train departure and arrival times to/from Nagano Station.
- Departure Tokyo Station – Arrival Nagano Station: Tokyo: 07:20 – Nagano: 08:43 – Kagayaki (reserved seats only) * Tokyo: 07:24 – Nagano: 09:14 – Asama Tokyo: 07:52 – Nagano: 09:30 – Hakutaka
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Departure Nagano Station – Arrival Tokyo Station Nagano: 17:55 – Tokyo: 19:20 – Kagayaki (reserved seats only) Nagano: 18:22 – Tokyo: 20:00 – Hakutaka
- This tour is scheduled to conclude at JR Nagano Station by 17:30. However, due to weather and road conditions in winter we cannot guarantee the end time. For guests booking shinkansen tickets to travel to Tokyo after the tour in winter, we ask that you do not book any service earlier than the 17:55 Kagayaki (reservation only) or our recommendation of the 18:22 Hakutaka. For guests booking onward tickets to other destinations we also recommend doing so for times of 18:00 or later.
- This tour does not include bullet train/shinkansen tickets. For guests traveling to Nagano from Tokyo, Kanazawa or other hubs, please check the train schedule and pricing in advance of the day of your tour to avoid unexpected delays and costs.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Machinovate Japan Ltd.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "The monkeys were all over, so don't worry about not seeing any (even during the summer or off season)." See review
- "I found a gelato bar along the way which offers premium gelato, a must to try out." See review
- "At the end of the day, grab some sushi from the local market at the train station and settle in for the ride back to Tokyo without much of a care except remembering your experience with the monkeys!" See review