Departure & Return
Your guide will meet you inside the bus terminal at 11:45. Multiple tours operate from the bus terminal so please look for the guide wearing a SNOW MONKEY RESORTS tour tag. Please be at the meetup point early so that the tour can depart on-time.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
Your guide will meet you inside the station, in front of the Information Board directly across from the Shinkansen / Bullet ticket gates at 13:00. Your guide will be wearing a SNOW MONKEY RESORTS tour tag. Please be at the meetup point early so that the tour can depart on-time.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a family-friendly cultural tour, not a drinking tour. Consumption of alcohol is not allowed on the tour bus and we request that guests do not become intoxicated at the festival. Guests who are intoxicated can be refused carriage on the tour bus.
- This tour has two pickup points in Hakuba or Nagano. When booking the tour please include your preferred pickup point - Hakuba or Nagano - and for guests staying in Hakuba, please also include the name of your accommodation under Special Requirements.
- This tour includes a significant amount of walking and most areas including the forest trail leading to the monkey park, the park itself and streets of Nozawa Onsen are likely to be affected by snow and ice. Walking around Nozawa during the festival can be especially slippery so please ensure you wear good quality shoes or boots. If you have snowboots and / or crampons, we recommend you bring them.
- It will be cold in January in Nagano with likely snowfall and temperatures of 0°C and below. The cold is especially apparent at night so please wear warm clothes and shoes fit for winter. Please also note that burning cinders may be floating in the air during the festival and clothes can be damaged.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible and may not be suitable for mobility-impaired travels. Should you have any concerns about your ability to join the tour, please contact us to discuss prior to booking.
- This is a popular and crowded festival. It will not be possible for your guide to be with you at all times and there is no reserved seating/observation area. Please ensure that you watch the festivities from a safe distance/location and follow the festival rules, as instructed by your guide.
- This is a family-friendly cultural tour, not a drinking tour. Consumption of alcohol is not allowed on the tour bus and we request that guests do not become intoxicated at the festival. The comfort, enjoyment and safety of guests is our top priority. In order to ensure those, any guest found to be intoxicated or a nuisance to other guests will be requried to leave the tour.
- Guests are required to follow the Snow Monkey Park rules at all times. Guests are not permitted to touch, hold, feed or bathe with the monkeys at any time. There are no barriers separating the monkeys from visitors to the park. Please ensure you keep a minimum distance of 1 to 2 meters between yourself and the monkeys. Your guide will explain the rules prior to entering the park.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- There are a few days in the year that the monkeys might not come down to the park, arrive late or leave the park early. While this is unlikely to happen, it is possible and is outside of our control.
- This tour includes an early dinner at a restaurant nearby the monkey park. Due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19, we might be unable to confirm the exact restaurant and meal until soon before the tour.
- For those joining the tour from Nagano Station, arrival back to Nagano Station will be around midnight so our recommendation is to stay overnight at Nagano City. Shinkansen / Bullet Train services will have ended by the time the tour returns to the station.
- Drop-off in Hakuba will be at the Happo Bus Terminal at approximately 01:00. Drop-off at other locations, including directly at your accommodation will not be possible.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers
- OPERATED BY Machinovate Japan Ltd.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff