Explore our promoted experiences
- Messina walking tour with a local guide
- Meet your guide at a centrally-located point, or at your hotel
- Learn about local history and culture
- Departures available throughout the day
Departure & Return
The guide will meet you OUT OF THE EXIT GATE of the ship terminal wearing an orange scarf and a signboard with our logo: A LION HEAD.
FOR THE GUESTS THAT ARE NOT CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS: The meeting point at our office DISCOVER MESSINA SICILY, located in Via I Settembre, 110.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
The tour will end in Via Garibaldi only 2 minutes away from the original departure point.
What To Expect
Duck into the cathedral to see Byzantine mosaics, then continue to the nearby Annunziata dei Catalani Church, an exquisite example of Norman-Arab architecture. See the Mountain of Mercy and the Church of Saint Francis of Assisi, one of the oldest churches in Messina, dating back to the year 1254.
Enjoy other stops including the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele III, the Votive Temple of Christ the King, the Sanctuary of Madonna of Montalto, the Four Fountains.
Your Messina walking tour concludes in the heart of the historic city.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 1 people per booking is required
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please provide contact details in Special Requirements field at time of booking (e.g. cellular number)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY DISCOVER MESSINA SICILY
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff