Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Full-day 'Game of Thrones filming' locations tour in Malta
- Hear behind-the-scenes gossip from the guides who appeared on the show
- Explore King’s Landing, the Red Keep and other iconic locations
- Visit Mdina, Rabat and, other countryside locations
- Learn all about Malta's filming locations used in seasons one and two of the hit TV show
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
(located right outside the Valletta City Gate)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Stretch your legs on an amble through the King’s Landing gardens. Take a look at the Tower of the Hand, where the so-called Hand of the King resides, and have your camera ready for Maegor's Holdfast, a fortress used during the filming of the Battle of the Blackwater.
Back in the comfort of your vehicle, meander along backcountry roads to the Shadow Cliffs to gaze out over the desert-like terrain of Red Waste. After hearing tales of dragons that were born there, venture northward to an interesting hamlet better known as Lhazar village. Continue to the medieval city of Mdina to enjoy lunch (own expense.)
In the afternoon, your 'Game of Thrones' tour of Mdina begins. Here, discover key locations such as the yard of Tobho Mott, the Baelish Brothel, King’s Gate, and Coppersmith’s Wynd Cobbler's Square.
From Mdina, travel to Rabat and check out a monastery there—just one of the settings of the famous Red Keep fortress. Your full-day tour then finishes with a hotel drop-off in the early evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. The vehicles and the locations visited are not accessible to wheelchair users.
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes are recommended.
- Tour is conducted in English.
- Order and inclusion of sites depends on filming in progress and other logistics, The operator may change the itinerary without prior notice and include alternative sites.
- Child rate applies for ages 3 to 10 years and only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- This tour is not recommended for children under the age of 3 years and for the added convenience of all guests, children under the age of 3 years will not be allowed to join the tour.
- For guests staying in Valletta, Floriana and non-serviced areas a courtesy pick up will take place just outside the Valletta City Gate. On some tours a supplementary van or coach may be provided for the Valletta pick up guests to reduce waiting time. For guests staying in Gozo a courtesy pick up takes place at a hotel close to the Cirkewwa Ferry Terminal in Malta. Pick up details will be communicated by the operator after booking is received.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 52 travelers
- OPERATED BY Malta Film Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "That poor guy had to run barefoot to enable us to see St Dominic's Convent since we encountered some traffic on the way and the convent being open only for short hours during the day!" See review
- "A must for GOT fans, Malcolm navigates you through many locations in Malta, it’s an informative, fun and eye opening tour where you learn about the filming industry aswell as visit stunning locations." See review