40 to 45 minutes (Approx.)
Good for avoiding crowds
Saved to wishlist!
We offer Shimizu-yaki tea bowls, chasen, tea ladle, and kaiseki paper, so customers are welcome to have their own matcha and specialty sweets.
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Most travelers can participate.
- Children under the age of 12 who are not experienced are allowed to enter the tea room.
- The maximum number of people on this tour is about 30 people.
- OPERATED BY 茶道体験和
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
A tea ceremony experience run by a long-established traditional craft shop
40 to 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Cooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeKyotoCooking Classes - Kansai PrefectureCooking Classes - OsakaCooking Classes - IzumisanoCategory
Kamogawa River (Kamo River)Daitoku-ji TempleKodai-ji TempleGinkaku-ji Temple (Silver Pavilion)Jojakko-ji TempleNishiki MarketHosen-in TempleUji Bridge (Uji-bashi)AmanohashidateSannenzaka NinenzakaKinshi Masamune Horino Memorial MuseumNanzen-ji TempleChion-inKennin-ji TemplePontocho AlleyKyoto International Manga MuseumKyoto Handicraft CenterKamigamo ShrineKumano Kodo Pilgrimage TrailSagano