6 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Customize your private tour of Hakone, a popular destination in Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park known for its hot springs resorts. Visit area attractions with your own professional guide, including Hakone Shrine, the crafts village of Hakone Yosegi Zaiku, and a traditional Japanese ‘kominka’ house. Tea is provided at one of Hakone’s age-old teahouses. Opt for a ride on the Hakone Ropeway cable car with views of Lake Ashi and Mt Fuji, and/or enjoy a riverside soak in a local ‘onsen’ (open-air hot spring).
- Private tour of Hakone with a personal guide
- Visit Hakone Shrine and Hakone Yosegi Zaiku
- Relax in the tranquil ambiance of a traditional teahouse
- Ride the Hakone Ropeway cable car (if option selected)
- Soak at a riverside onsen (if option selected)
- Hotel or railway pickup and drop-off included from Odawara or Hakone
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Unlike typical Hakone tours, this private option comes with the freedom to customize your itinerary.
Saved to wishlist!
Nationally Certified Pro Guide
Beverages at a local tea house
Ticket for the Komagatake Ropeway
Lunch (around 1,500 JPY/each)
Optional admissions fee to open-air Hot Spring by a stream (extra cost)
Departure & Return
Yumoto, Hakone, Ashigarashimo District, Kanagawa 250-0311, Japan
I'll be holing your name board in front of the ticket gate.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 5 people per booking
- Private hot spring experience is optional. Please make your selection at the time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Explore Hakone
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Custom Private Tour in Hakone with Optional Hot Springs Experience?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Custom Private Tour in Hakone with Optional Hot Springs Experience?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Custom Private Tour in Hakone with Optional Hot Springs Experience?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Custom Private Tour in Hakone with Optional Hot Springs Experience
6 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHikingNature and WildlifeFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingHakoneBus Tours - Kanagawa PrefectureHiking - Kanagawa PrefectureNature and Wildlife - Kanagawa PrefectureFull-day Tours - Kanagawa PrefectureCategory