- Day trip to Montenegro from Dubrovnik, including Kotor and Budva
- Learn about Montenegro’s colorful history from a guide
- Explore at your own pace and check out sights such as the Cathedral of St Tryphon
- Cruise back across the idyllic Bay of Kotor, a UNESCO World Heritage site
Departure & Return
Obala Ivana Pavla 2,1
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
After crossing the border, encounter the Bay of Kotor, flanked by towering craggy mountain and dotted with bay-side medieval villages. Ride through Risan, one of the most ancient settlements on the bay. Learn how how Queen Teuta, monarch of the Illyrian dynasty, once fought off the mighty Romans. From there, ride on to gorgeous Kotor, a UNESCO-protected town tucked away within a fjord. In Kotor, enjoy free time to explore the Cathedral of St. Typhon or the city walls.
Hop back on the bus and after reaching the medieval walled seaside town of Budva, hop off the bus and take some more free time for exploring. Lounge on the beautiful beach, wander the streets, sit down for a seafood lunch (at own expense), and gawk at the plus-sized yachts in the marina.
In the late afternoon, reunite with your guide. After a short bus ride north, board a ferry for a trip across the Bay of Kotor. Finally, get dropped off back at Dubrovnik’s Gruz port or at your hotel in Dubrovnik.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to new EU regulations the border crossing on some occasions can take up to 2 hour to 2.5 hours
- Due to a situation at the border crossing making this tour last longer, it is not suitable for children under 4 years of age.
- This tour includes 2,5 hours free time in Kotor and 1,5 hour free time in Budva with couple additional short stops along the way.
- Please note that the official currency of Montenegro is the euro
- You are required to specify the name of your hotel and contact telephone number during your stay in Dubrovnik. This is important information that the tour operator requires in case you need to be contacted regarding changes in the tour departure times
- Passport and relevant visa information is required at time of booking: name as per your passport, date of birth, nationality, date of expiry and passport number
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- OPERATED BY Elite Travel Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Given the amount of travel that's done throughout the day, it would be impractical to spend any longer in either location." See review
- "I would however take the steps to the top and take the same route back down, the path on the other side is quite treacherous." See review
- "It would be good if there was something in the advert to tell you to bring something to do while you are waiting." See review