- Full-day trip from Buenos Aires to Colonia
- Take a scenic ferry ride across the Rio de la Plata to Colonia
- Enjoy a sightseeing city tour and a walking tour to discover top Colonia attractions
- Enjoy free time and explore the vibrant city at your leisure
- Upgrade to include hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
If you select the option without transfer, please, go directly to the Colonia Express ferry station.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
You'll get to know the charming town of Colonia, a UNESCO World Heritage site full of fascinating architecture. After your tour, disembark the vehicle for an optional walking tour along cobblestone streets as your guide points out historical landmarks.
Afterward, you're set on your own for the remainder of the afternoon. Choose a restaurant for lunch, tasting regional Uruguayan specialties as well as Argentinian and international cuisine (own expense). Then wander the quaint streets of Colonia at your own pace. Peruse the local shops, visit the museums or take a stroll along the coastal beach.
When it's time to board the ferry for your return trip to Buenos Aires, enjoy a great vantage point for views of the city as you approach. Disembark at the ferry terminal and make your way back to your Buenos Aires hotel (or enjoy drop-off, if option selected).
Please note: Ferry tickets for this tour regularly sell out weeks in advance, so book ahead to avoid disappointment!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Ferry ride is approximately 2 hours
- Please note: a current valid passport is required to enter Uruguay
- Possession of proper government issued documentation is the responsibility of the passenger. You may require additional documentation to enter Uruguay. A Uruguayan visa may be required for some nationalities; check your home country requirements for entering Uruguay.
- Passport name, number, date of birth, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Note: The city tour may include an English-speaking guide, subject to availability. Please contact the local tour operator upon booking so they can arrange this service for you
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tangol
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms