- Full-day Salvador Dali tour from Barcelona to Figueres and the Costa Brava
- Visit the Dalí Theatre-Museum in Figueres—perfect tour for Dali enthusiasts
- Enjoy the Mediterranean in either Cadaques or Palamos, towns where Dali spent time
- Private English-speaking guide provides personalized attention
Departure & Return
Our office is located right opposite the glass wall next to the open air cafe of the Palau de la Musica.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start your day with a pickup at 8:30am from your hotel in central Barcelona, continuing by private minivan or sedan to Figueres, the home town of Dalí and the site of the Dali Theatre-Museum. Stop by the artist’s birthplace on Monturiol Street, then head to the museum, where you’ll find an expansive collection that explores the fantastical mind of this creative genius, spanning architecture, sculpture, paintings and plenty of “surreal” surprises.
Leaving Figueres, your next destination will vary depending on the time of year. For those taking the tour between September 16th and June 30th (winter), you’ll head to some of the old stomping grounds of Dalí, including the picturesque seaside city of Cadaqués, a village of whitewashed houses and stunning coastal views, along with Port Lligat and Cap de Creus. Those taking the tour between July 1st and September 15th (summer) will explore Dalí’s Pubol Castle before heading to Palamos, a hidden gem of the Costa Brava. See the Itinerary details below for more information about each trip option.
This private tour is hosted by a professional guide. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, who will then prepare for your private tour.
Head to the beautiful coastal village of Cadaqués. Famous for its white-washed Mediterranean houses, narrow shady streets and sandy bay, Cadaques is one of the most picturesque villages on the Costa Brava. The dramatic drive there, which offers some of the best views in Catalonia, will be one of the most memorable highlights of your day trip. Enjoy your lunch in a local restaurant in Cadaqués (own expense). In the afternoon, travel just a few minutes up the coast to the even-smaller village of Port Lligat, the place where Dalí built a house and found the peace that truly inspired him. He lived here from 1930, and the house still contains his original furniture and decoration. Then head to Cap de Creus, the most easterly point of mainland Spain and one of the most starkly beautiful coastal landscapes in the country.
From July 1 – September 15 (Summer):
Go to another of Dalí’s creations, Pubol Castle in the village of the same name. You’ll have time to eat lunch on your own in Pubol before visiting the castle, which he gave to his wife in 1970. In mid-afternoon, your tour will continue to Palamos, a rare hidden spot still found on the Costa Brava. Dalí visited this area several times in the 1930s, and it’s easy to see why, with its location on a beautiful bay.
Please note: Dali House will be closed from the 1st of January to the 4th of January and from the 11th of January until the 11th of February. It is still possible to see the house from the outside.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please note: Dali House will be closed from the 1st of January to the 4th of January and from the 11th of January until the 11th of February. It is still possible to see the house from the outside.
- May be operated by an English guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Explore Catalunya
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms