- Stroll along with a local guide and hear the district’s history
- Discover little-known sculptures as you explore the cobbled streets
- See the sex shops and theaters that the enclave is known for
- Separate fact from fiction as you listen to your guide’s commentary
Departure & Return
Your Amsterdam Red Light District Tour meets daily at the National Monument at Dam Square. Just look for the team with red SANDEMANs t-shirts and red umbrellas!
Your Amsterdam Red Light District Tour finishes at Warmoesstraat, next to the Oude Kerk.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children under the age of 13 are free of charge.
- This tour contains content that may not be suitable for younger guests. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Due to the high visitor numbers in the Red Light District, group sizes are strictly capped to a 20-person maximum. Book in advance to avoid disappointment
- The independent guides who employ us to market their tours have your best interests in mind; while the tour usually includes the sites & stories mentioned and lasts about 2 hours, your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group
- Any guest who is behaving inappropriately towards the residents or prostitutes of the Red Light District will be asked to leave the tour
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- As of January 1st 2020, participants on all tours and activities (no matter which provider) in Amsterdam have been subject to a €1.50 "entertainment tax". This additional cost is already included in the price of your tour. Please note that this tax is not retained by the tour operator, but is a compulsory, additional tax that is passed on directly to the Amsterdam municipality. Thank you for your understanding.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY SANDEMANs NEW Europe BV - Amsterdam
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "We understand that this type of tour will no longer be allowed after the coming spring so we are glad we got to learn about the Red Light District in this manner while we still could." See review
- "It was a shame that the tour was a little early in the evening to 'see' the heart of the Red Light District but still worth doing the tour." See review
- "Augmented audio and a more visible sign beside the guides orange hat was needed." See review