Top Syracuse Historical Tours
23 results | All Syracuse Tours
* A traveler said: "This tour was fantastic. Our guide was super knowledgable about the area and the history of Ortigia. All of the food and drinks we excellent. If you have the time, this is a great tour to take to get a mix of the history, culture and food of Siracusa."
* A traveler said: "We did this tour on the day we arrived in Ortigia. Our guide was Marco and he was brilliant! We had a lovely walk around Ortigia, Marco told us many stories about the history of the island and Sircuse, including the mythology. He was knowledgeable and passionnate, a very engaging storyteller. We felt like we understood the place better after the tour. As it was winter, it was dark when we started the tour (5.15pm) so were worried we would miss out on some things, but we didn’t, everywhere we went had enough lighting to be able to see what was important. We particularly enjoyed visiting the unusual cathedral which Marco gave us a little tour around inside. We chose the option including food tasting and wine so Marco dropped us at a little cafe at the end of the tour where we were given a platter of Sicilian foods which was very yummy! Plenty of food to fill us up and we sampled 2 different Sicilian red wines. I would highly recommend this tour and I’d recommend doing it at the beginning of your stay in Siracusa/Ortigia like we did to really get a feel for the island."
* A traveler said: "I had the pleasure to be guided on this journey from Taormina with a guide named Christie-his knowledge on not just this trip but it seemed like all European history was amazing. He made this trip a true joy"
* A traveler said: "The city was beautiful and I learned some interesting details about its past and the production of local foods. The tour started on time."
* A traveler said: "This was an easy way to view three incredibly gorgeous towns. Guide Giuliana and driver Salvo kept a nice leisurely pace while showing off the highlights of all of them. The included light lunch was actually huge and delicious. In October the group was only 6 people - lovely experience."
* A traveler said: "The excursion to Mt. Etna and Taormina was an amazing experience - well worth the time and money. Our tour guides were very friendly, informative, and communicated very well in English. Incredible views atop Mt. Etna with opportunities to purchase souviners, delicious samples of oil and honey at Zafferana, and a great time exploring Taormina."
* A traveler said: "Marco was charming and knowledgeable. It really is worth having a guide to add colour and detail for a visit to the park. It is much better than having your nose in a book. Marco told stories, legends, battles as well as highlighting flora. I noticed other visitors listening in! The tour lasts 2h."
* A traveler said: "Our guide Marco, picked us up from our hotel in the Ortigia area of Siracusa and we drove to Noto. Along the way he provided a wonderful running narrative of the countryside and Sicilian culture. In Noto, his knowledge of the baroque architecture was extensive and clearly provided us with insights into how the development of such beautiful examples came to be in Noto.|A great guide with a great topic."
* A traveler said: "The driver Marco was most enjoyable and knowledgeable of our destinations. It was nice to have someone who enjoys engaging in conversation of a broad band of topics."
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and fun to talk to. Truly a great experience and definitely want to go back another time."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to do in Sicily
- Things to do in Catania
- Things to do in Taormina
- Things to do in Messina
- Things to do in Valletta
- Things to do in Mellieha
- Things to do in Agrigento
- Things to do in Palermo
- Things to do in Capri
- Things to do in Amalfi
- Things to do in Positano
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Amalfi Coast
- Things to do in Puglia