Planet Neptune Oceanarium
Entry tickets to the Oceanarium, located inside the giant Planet Neptune shopping center, include full and unlimited access to the aquarium. Visitors can explore the 33 tanks at their own pace, including a walk-through tunnel, a coral reef zone, and the main aquarium, which houses five different species of shark. Daily demonstrations are also held at the aquarium, and visitors can watch as aquarists scuba dive in the tanks to feed the sharks and train the seals.
Things to Know Before You Go
Plan around an hour to visit the Oceanarium.
The Planet Neptune shopping mall has restrooms, ATMs, and a choice of cafés and restaurants.
The Oceanarium is fully wheelchair-accessible.
How to Get There
The Oceanarium is located inside the Planet Neptune shopping mall in central St. Petersburg. It’s a 5-minute walk from the Vitebsky Railway Station, while the closest metro stations are Zvenigorodskaya (line 5) and Pushkinskaya (line 1).
When to Get There
The Oceanarium is open daily, but it’s worth checking the schedule in advance and timing your visit to watch the feeding and training shows. No shows are held on Mondays, and the Oceanarium is sometimes closed on the last Monday of the month.
Planet Neptune Shopping Mall
The Oceanarium is one of a number of attractions at the Planet Neptune shopping and entertainment center. Also on-site are the Dino Park, an interactive dinosaur-themed museum aimed at younger children, and the Horrors of St. Petersburg museum, along with dozens of shops (including many brand names), restaurants, and cafés.
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Riga
- Things to do in Moscow
- Things to do in Vilnius
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Things to do in Minsk
- Things to do in Kaliningrad
- Things to do in Nizhny Novgorod
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Volga Region
- Things to do in Sloboda Ukraine region
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Western Norway
- Catherine Palace and Park
- State Hermitage Museum
- St. Petersburg Palace Square (Dvortsovaya Ploshchad)
- St. Petersburg Cruise Port
- Tsarskoe Selo State Museum and Heritage Site
- Peterhof State Museum-Reserve (Muzeya-Zapovednika Peterhof)
- Peter and Paul Fortress (Petropavlovskaya Krepost)
- Planet Neptune Oceanarium