Peter and Paul Cathedral (Petropavlovskiy Sobor)
Just about every sightseeing tour of St. Petersburg includes a stop at Peter and Paul Fortress, home to the cathedral of the same name. Many visitors come to see the graves of Russia’s Romanov rulers; you’ll find Peter the Great’s grave right near the front, often adorned with fresh flowers. Visitors can choose between a single entrance ticket to the Peter and Paul Fortress, or a multi-attraction ticket that grants entrance to several St. Petersburg attractions, including St. Isaac’s Cathedral, State Museum, Faberge Museum, and Stroganov Palace.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Peter and Paul Cathedral is a must-see for spiritual travelers and first-time visitors.
- Admission to the cathedral is included with a ticket to the Peter and Paul Fortress.
- The cathedral is fully wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
To get to the cathedral by public transportation, take the metro to Gorkovskaya or Sportivnaya Stations.
When to Get There
The cathedral is open daily throughout the year, but it’s best to visit between May and October when the spire of the bell tower is open to visitors. Another good time to visit is on a Monday or Friday evening when the men's choir is performing.
Peter and Paul Fortress Peter and Paul Fortress represents the oldest part of St. Petersburg, built in 1703. The military complex served as a line of defense in the Great Northern War against Sweden, and later as a political prison under the tsars.
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Riga
- Things to do in Moscow
- Things to do in Vilnius
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Things to do in Minsk
- Things to do in Kaliningrad
- Things to do in Nizhny Novgorod
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Volga Region
- Things to do in Sloboda Ukraine region
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Western Norway
- Catherine Palace and Park
- State Hermitage Museum
- St. Petersburg Palace Square (Dvortsovaya Ploshchad)
- St. Petersburg Cruise Port
- Tsarskoe Selo State Museum and Heritage Site
- Peterhof State Museum-Reserve (Muzeya-Zapovednika Peterhof)
- Peter and Paul Fortress (Petropavlovskaya Krepost)
- Peter and Paul Cathedral (Petropavlovskiy Sobor)