Sao Paulo Museum of Art (MASP)
As Sao Paulo’s most famous art museum, MASP is featured on a variety of sightseeing tours. As well as covering highlights such as Paulista Avenue (Avenida Paulista) and Liberdade (Bairro da Liberdade), city tours typically take you to the museum’s roof terrace for sweeping views, while architecture-focused tours explore the city’s brutalist and modernist style in more detail. If you’re an art enthusiast, opt for a museum tour, some of which include skip-the-line admission tickets.
Things to know before you go
- MASP offers visitors a free mobile app that combines augmented reality and audio guides to enhance your experience of the museum—it's a great way to keep kids engaged.
- MASP is barrier-free and accessible to travelers using wheelchairs and strollers.
- Inside the museum, there is a cafeteria that sells hot and cold snacks, and accessible restrooms.
How to get there
Sao Paulo Museum of Art (MASP) is located on the bustling Avenida Paulista. It's easy to reach MASP by subway; ride the green line to Trianon-MASP station, which is 1-minute walk from the museum. If arriving by car, there’s a private parking lot at the museum.
When to get there
The museum is open Tuesday-Sunday from midmorning until early evening; on Tuesday, MASP stays open for an additional two hours. Nearly all of Sao Paulo’s museums are closed on Mondays.
Exploring Avenida Paulista
Sao Paulo Museum of Art (MASP) is located on the city’s most famous thoroughfare, which is home to multi-million dollar real estate and sleek shopping malls. Once you’ve got your culture fix in MASP, head to Parque Trianon, and Casa das Rosas arts center, located in one of the last mansions remaining on the street. After dark, immerse yourself in the lively nightlife of Rua Augusta.
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in Northeast Brazil
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in Amazon
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Paulista Avenue (Avenida Paulista)
- Jardins District
- Sao Paulo Football Museum (Museu do Futebol)
- Liberdade (Bairro da Liberdade)
- Italian Building
- Estádio Municipal Paulo Machado de Carvalho (Pacaembu Stadium)
- Republic Square (Praça da República)
- Museum of Image and Sound (MIS)
- Sé Cathedral (Catedral da Sé)
- Hotel Unique
- Martinelli Building (Edifício Martinelli)
- Pateo do Collegio Church
- Farol Santander (Banespa Tower)
- Monastery of Sao Bento (Mosteiro de Sao Bento)
- Ibirapuera Park