Circus of Maxentius (Circo di Massenzio) Tours and Tickets
Part of the 4th-century Villa of Maxentius complex along the Via Appia Antica in the Roman countryside, the Circus of Maxentius (Circo di Massenzio) is the best preserved chariot racetrack in Rome and second in size only to the Circus Maximus.
Via Appia Antica 153, 00179
Tours and Activities to Experience Circus of Maxentius (Circo di Massenzio)
Sort by: Featured
The Regina Viarum is the oldest and most important road built by the Romans, The Queen of the Roads. Only a short drive from the city centre, it hides its magic through mausoleums, catacombs and roman ancient villas that give you a peaceful feeling and impression of being miles away from the chaos. Integrated to the Regional Park of Appian Way is the Aqueducts Park. With the remains of two stunning Roman Aqueducts, The Aqueduct Claudio and the Aqueduct Felix this is a stop not to be missed.
Cruise through Rome on two wheels with this cycle through the Appia Antica Regional Park. Customize the itinerary according to your interests and cover ground quickly as you explore the bicycle trails of this ancient highway, home to several historic landmarks including the Villa of Massenzio. Helmets and locks are included.
The Appian Way was one of the first roads ever built and ran from ancient Rome all the way to Brindisi in south Italy. On this tour, explore the fascinating ruins along the ancient road by e-bike, meaning you can cycle further and cover up to 19 miles (30 kilometers) without getting tired. See the Aqueduct of Claudius, Circus Maximus, and Bath of Caracalla; learn about ancient Rome from an archaeologist guide; and visit sights often left off other tour itineraries.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
See Rome on your own with the convenience of a full-day Vespa motorbike rental. Zip around the Castelli Romani (Roman Castles), which is located about 12.5 miles (25km) from central Rome. You can visit the picturesque village of Frascati and see the gorgeous Villa Aldobrandini; cruise along the ancient Roman road the Appian Way (Via Appica); take in the Villa di Massenzio, and the Papal Palace of Castel Gandolfo.Your tour includes lunch, two helmets, a security lock and a guide to the region.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What''s the best way to experience Circus of Maxentius (Circo di Massenzio) ?
- Things to do in Lake Bracciano
- Things to do in Lake Bolsena
- Things to do in Assisi
- Things to do in Siena
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Capri
- Things to do in Pompeii
- Things to do in San Gimignano
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Lazio
- Things to do in Umbria
- Things to do in Tuscany
- Garbatella District (Quartiere Garbatella)
- Aqueduct Park (Parco degli Acquedotti)
- Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls (Basilica di San Paolo Fuori le Mura)
- Baths of Caracalla (Terme di Caracalla)
- Basilica of St. John Lateran (Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano)
- Basilica of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem (Basilica di Santa Croce in Gerusalemme)
- Holy Stairs (Scala Sancta) and Chapel of San Lorenzo
- Villa Celimontana
- Basilica of St. Stephen in the Round (Basilica di Santo Stefano Rotondo)
- Villa of the Quintilii (Villa dei Quintili)
- Caelian Hill (Celio)
- Protestant Cemetery of Rome (Cimitero Acottolico di Roma)
- Porta Maggiore
- Rome Basilica di Santi Giovanni e Paolo