The varied soundtrack isn’t the only showstopper at Rio Scenarium. The stylish 3-floor venue— known for its eclectic interior design and trove of vintage furnishings—is also one of the most photogenic spots in town. A collection of 10,000 antiques are on display, allowing you to dance beneath antique bicycles and colorful parasols, tuck into tapas from original art-deco furniture, and sip caipirinhas by cabinets of antique dolls, clocks, and radios.
Many bar-hopping and nightlife tours of the city include a stop at this legendary venue. If you prefer to linger, consider combining a night of live music at the bar with dinner at a local restaurant. Choose a tour with included hotel pickup and drop-off for a hassle-free night out.
Things to Know Before You Go
The quality music, atmosphere, and quirky decor make this an unmissable nightlife experience in Rio de Janeiro.
Prebook your tour for skip-the-line access to one of Rio’s most popular music venues.
While there is food at Rio Scenarium, the focus is on the music and drinks.
Don’t forget to bring a photo ID, which may be required to get in and drink alcohol (drinking age is 18).
Leave your valuables at the hotel; pickpockets can be a problem in this neighborhood.
How to Get There
The easiest way to get to Rio Scenarium is by taxi. The streets around Lapa are closed off to vehicle traffic on Friday and Saturday nights, but you can get off at the corner of Rua do Lavradio and walk from there.
When to Get There
This popular venue buzzes nightly with live music and dancing. Check the calendar of performances before your visit if you’re in the mood for a particular genre; samba tends to be the norm. Cover charges tend to be highest on weekends.
A Quick Guide to Lapa
Lapa, located in downtown Rio, is the city’s go-to neighborhood for a hedonistic night out on the town. Many of the neighborhood’s historic mansions have been transformed into bars and nightclubs. On weekends, the lively atmosphere spills outside into street parties around Arcos da Lapa.
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in Sao Paulo
- Things to do in Northeast Brazil
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in Amazon
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Patagonia
- Rio de Janeiro Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana de Sao Sebastiao)
- Sao Francisco da Penitencia Church (Igreja Sao Francisco da Penitencia)
- Santa Teresa (Barrio Santa Teresa)
- Saara Shopping District (Polo Saara)
- Lapa Neighborhood
- Rio de Janeiro National Fine Arts Museum (Museu Nacional de Belas Artes)
- Floriano Peixoto Square (Cinelandia)
- National Library of Brasil (Biblioteca Nacional do Brasil)
- Rio de Janeiro Municipal Theater (Theatro Municipal)
- La Candelaria Church (Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria)
- Ruins Park (Parque das Ruínas)
- Chacara do Ceu Museum
- Tiradentes Palace (Palácio Tiradentes)
- Post Office Cultural Center (Centro Cultural Correios)
- Bank of Brazil Cultural Center (Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil)