Small Guild (Maza Gilde) Tours and Tickets
Designed by architect J.D. Felsko in a neo-Gothic style, Riga's Small Guild (Mazā ģilde) stands in the center of the Old City on Livu Square. Built between 1864 and 1866, the building features Italian mosaic flooring and stained glass windows with portraits of craftsmen and benefactors. The doors and window boxes are embellished with sayings in gothic letters.
The Small Guild, also known as the Guild of St. John, was a fraternity of master craftsmen in Riga from the 14th to the early 20th century. The Small Guild building stood alongside the Great Guild Hall, which brought together Riga merchants and writers. The interior was restored from 1999 to 2000 based on photographs from the 19th century. Today, the building functions as a cultural and folk art center and is home to a variety of cultural organizations. It is used for concerts, meetings and other festive events.
Tours and Tickets to Experience Small Guild (Maza Gilde)
- Riga Town Hall Square (Ratslaukums)
- Riga Old Town (Vecriga)
- Riga Cathedral (Rigas Doms)
- Jauniela Street (Jauniela Iela)
- St Peter's Church
- Swedish Gate (Zviedru Varti)
- House of the Blackheads (Melngalvju Nams)
- Latvian National Opera (Latvijas Nacionala Opera un Balets)
- Riga Castle (Rigas Pils)
- Albert Street (Alberta Iela)
- Riga Art Nouveau Museum (Jugendstila Muzejs)
- Classic Car Museum (Retro-Auto Muzejs)