Top Provence Unique Experiences
Saved to wishlist!
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
How to Get Around
Tours by Duration
Likely To Sell Out
Food & Drink
Wine, Beer & Spirits
Seasonal & Special Occasions
Art & Culture
On the Ground
Private Sightseeing Tours
12 results | All Provence Tours
Immerse yourself in nature with this 3-hour electric mountain bike tour. Hop on your bike in Aix-en-Provence and travel a few kilometers to Sainte Victoire Mountain. Explore the mountain trails and climb hills with ease on your e-bike. Stop to have a snack, take photos, or simply admire the incredible mountain views.
Indulge in a full day of wine tasting as you roam the vineyards and medieval villages of Châteauneuf-du-Pape, one of the region’s most important wine appellations. Explore the villages of Gigondas and Vacqueyras, stopping at traditional wineries to sample both red and white wines, and learn the secrets of local wine production. This small-group tour from Avignon also includes a delicious 2-course lunch.
Enjoy a quintessential wine tasting experience in one of France’s most famous wine regions, as you sip your way around the Côtes du Rhône on this 5-hour small-group tour from Avignon. Indulge in expert-led tastings as you explore the vineyards and visit wineries in Châteauneuf du Pape, Gigondas or Séguret. Sip a selection of Grand Cru wines, as you learn about the wine production process, the importance of French ‘terroir’ and how to distinguish between the different Crus.
Spend a day discovering the magnificence of French wines on this half-day wine tour from Aix en Provence. After meeting at a central point, travel with ease in a comfortable vehicle between wineries. This will save you time organizing transport and means you get to sample the wines, as you won’t have to drive. Visit the wine regions of Coteaux d’Aix en Provence, and Luberon, where you sample reds, whites, and rosés at two different wineries.
Explore Marseille by bicycle, without any of the huffing and puffing up and down hills, by opting for an electric bike rental! You'll have free reign of the city, and a map will be provided to help you find your way around. To keep you (and your bike) safe, helmets and locks will also be provided.
Avoid the touristy eats on your Provence vacation, and discover the region's authentic food and wine with the help of a local guide. With this private tour, you'll visit three local vineyards for tastings, then enjoy lunch at a village restaurant in Puyloubier where traditional Provençale dishes take center stage.
Appreciate the exquisite beauty and bounty of rural Provence on a half-day tour of Les Baux-de-Provence from Avignon. Perched in the rocky Alpilles mountains, Les Baux offers panoramic views of the expansive vineyards and olive orchards that blanket the hillside. Attend the light and sound show dedicated to the Italian town of Venice in Carrières de Lumières (entrance included).
Go behind the scenes of the world's most secretive business. Take a tour of a Provencal truffle plantation, learn how truffles are grown and truffle dogs are trained, and go on a hunt for France's elusive "black gold" with professional hunters who know the tricks of the trade. You will be regaled with stories of successes and sabotage, and learn to tell the difference between a real Provençal tuber melanosporum and its inferior Chinese counterparts. You'll also learn how to properly clean, store and cook with truffles. The Pastras olive and truffle oil.
Immerse yourself in one of the world's oldest traditions. Take a tour of the Provençal farm, learn how to grow and make wine, make the most of ancient oak barrels that are waist-high, have enough room for 4+ people, and have a view of Mount Sainte Victoire. You'll be regaled with harvest stories passed down from local farmers and learn traditional French drinking songs. You will also learn to tell the difference between the different types of local grapes and wines. Grape stomps are followed by a buffet of cheese, paté, charcuterie, red wine and a tasting of our farm olive oil and truffle oil. It's an authentic French experience that is full of laughter, fun for all ages and makes memorable vacation photos that you'll cherish long after your toes are no longer sticky.
Marseille is France’s largest city and home to some impressive historic monuments, but most travelers only get to see the highlights. On this tour, discover the city through the eyes of a Marseille local and enjoy a personalized itinerary custom-made for you. Your ‘Lokafyer’ guide is no typical tour guide—instead, they will show you around the city like a friend, take you to the neighborhoods that they know and love, and give you tips on where to eat, drink, and shop in the city.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Mushroom hunting excursions are available from September 15 until November 15 (weather permitting). We will use knives and sneakers (provided). During your time in Provence you will learn how to distinguish between edible and poisonous mushrooms. We will hunt for about 10 different varieties, including: ceps, chanterelle, golden chanterelle, mushroom hedgehog, blue stalk mushroom, Tricholoma myomyces, Saffron milk cap, white saddle, elfin saddle, and black trumpet. You'll discover the quiet, unspoiled forests of the area and enjoy the bucolic and relaxed atmosphere of Provence. You will need to be comfortable with that, you do not mind getting muddy.
The stunning landscapes of Provence have long inspired photographers, serving as the backdrop for travel brochures, fashion magazines, and celebrity photoshoots. With this tour, feel like a VIP as you take part in your very own vacation photoshoot with a professional photographer. Pose for photos with friends or family at popular sites such as Valensole, Gordes, Saint Remy de Provence, and other destinations recommended, and receive your high-resolution digital photos within five days of the shoot.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Unique Experiences in Provence?
The best Unique Experiences in Provence according to Viator travelers are:
What Unique Experiences in Provence are 1 hour or less?
Unique Experiences in Provence that are 1 hour or less are:
What Unique Experiences in Provence are taking additional safety precautions?
These Provence experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Unique Experiences in Provence are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Provence may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Marseille Museum of Natural History (Muséum d'Histoire Naturelle) Tours & Tickets
- La Canebiere Tours & Tickets
- Museum of European and Mediterranean Civilizations (Le Mucem) Tours & Tickets
- Tavel Tours & Tickets
- Calanque d’En-Vau Tours & Tickets
- Cantini Museum (Musée Cantini) Tours & Tickets
- Cap Canaille Tours & Tickets
- Caves of Thouzon (Grottes de Thouzon) Tours & Tickets
- Pont de Gau Ornithological Park (Parc Ornithologique du Pont de Gau) Tours & Tickets
- Museum of African, Oceanic and American-Indian Art (MAAOA) Tours & Tickets
- La Barben Zoo (Zoo de la Barben) Tours & Tickets
- Frioul Islands (Îles du Frioul) Tours & Tickets
- Church of St. Trophime (Eglise St-Trophime) Tours & Tickets
- Uzes Tours & Tickets
- Cours Mirabeau Tours & Tickets
- Little Palace Museum (Musée du Petit Palais) Tours & Tickets
- Chateau d'If Tours & Tickets
- Les Halles Market Tours & Tickets
- Quarries of Lights (Carrières de Lumières) Tours & Tickets
- St. Benezet Bridge (Pont d'Avignon) Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in French Riviera
- Things to do in Languedoc-Roussillon
- Things to do in Rhône-Alpes
- Things to do in Marignane
- Things to do in Arles
- Things to do in Toulon
- Things to do in Nîmes
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Lake Geneva
- Things to do in Burgundy
- Things to do in Catalonia
- Things to do in Lombardy
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets