How to Find the Best Macarons in Paris
Macarons are the quintessential French confection—light, cream-filled, and a favorite of Parisians for centuries. There's no better place than Paris to make and taste them, so here are a few ways to try these stylish cookies in the City of Light.
Macaron Pastry Classes
From taking a formal French pastry class to receiving instruction from a local chef in a private apartment, learning to make macarons is a great way to try out Parisian culinary arts. Most classes are taught in English and last about three hours, covering the traditional treat’s history, essential pastry-making techniques, and step-by-step instructions to master the recipe.
Macaron Walking Tours
Foodies can embark on a walking tour to find the best macarons in France and hear about Ladurée, Pierre Hermé, and Fauchon, three famous pastry makers that helped bring the macaron to fame. You'll get an introduction to the city’s most famous sights and its connection to the dessert while tasting your way around some of the top macaron boutiques and bakeries with a guide. Most tours explore Saint-Germain-des-Prés, Montmartre, or the Marais, some of Paris' most iconic and vibrant neighborhoods.
4 Tours and Activities
- Bateaux Seine River Cruises in Paris
- Skip the Line at the Notre Dame Cathedral
- How to Experience French Culture in Paris
- Cheese and Wine Tastings in Paris
- Versailles and Giverny Tours from Paris
- Where to Find Impressionist Art in Paris
- Eiffel Tower and Moulin Rouge Combo Tours
- How to Find the Best Macarons in Paris