Paraty Historic Center (Centro Historico Paraty) Tours and Tickets
Visitors looking to escape the sun and instead, soak up a bit of Paraty culture will enjoy exploring the cobbled streets of the town’s compact Historic Center(Centro Historico Paraty). Small enough to cover entirely on foot, the area if filled with a number of attractions unique to Paraty.
Spend an afternoon people watching in the grassy lawns of quaint Martiz Square or wandering through streets lined with old colonial architecture. A handful of churches are worth a visit, including Ingera Marriz Nossa Senhora do Rosario, the largest church in Paraty, and Capela de Nossa Senhora das Dores, religious home to Paraty’s well-heeled. After church-hopping, head to Rua do Comercio, where local merchants hawk handicrafts and Brazilian cuisine. Then unwind with incredible bay views at the Shambhala Asian Day Spa, just a 10-minute walk from the Historic Center.
Tours and Activities to Experience Paraty Historic Center (Centro Historico Paraty)
- Gold Path (Caminho do Ouro)
- Paraty House of Culture (Casa da Cultura)
- First Church of Our Lady of the Remedies
- Paraty Bay
- Murycana Farm (Fazenda Murycana)
- Cachoeira Toboga
- Fora Beach (Praia dos Ranchos)
- Sono Beach
- Trindade Beach (Praia da Trindade)
- Long Island (Ilha Comprida)
- Church of Our Lady of the Rosary and St. Benedict