Paraty Bay Tours and Activities
About 36,000 people call the Portuguese colonial town of Paraty home. Its quiet streets, colorful homes, European influence and historic roots attract visitors from across the globe. But it’s Paraty’s easy access to lush forests, untouched coastlines and pristine mountains that make it a true travel destination.
Stationed on the Bay of Ilha Grande, Paraty is the southernmost city in the state of Rio de Janeiro. Visitors can kayak or cruise through placid waters and explore the tiny islands scattered throughout the bay. And land lovers can check out nearby Serra da Bocaina National Park and Serra do Mar State Park, for a look at indigenous plants and wildlife.
Tours and Activities to Experience Paraty Bay
- Murycana Farm (Fazenda Murycana)
- Gold Path (Caminho do Ouro)
- Paraty Historic Center (Centro Historico Paraty)
- First Church of Our Lady of the Remedies
- Paraty House of Culture (Casa da Cultura)
- Cachoeira Toboga
- Fora Beach (Praia dos Ranchos)
- Trindade Beach (Praia da Trindade)
- Sono Beach
- Long Island (Ilha Comprida)
- Church of Our Lady of the Rosary and St. Benedict