Quai des États-Unis
One of the best ways to enjoy the Quai des Etats-Unis is on a bike or pedicab tour of the Old Town Nice attractions. A cycling path lines the quai and you can pedal the entire length of the Promenade des Anglais. Velo Bleu bikes, Nice’s public bike rental program, are also available at the Quai des Etats-Unis. Swimming, sunbathing, and checking out the sculptures at the beach, such as the large sculpture of Nice’s iconic blue beach chair, are popular activities at the quai.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Quai des Etats-Unis is a great spot to enjoy views of the ocean and people-watch.
- A mini Statue of Liberty marks the beginning of the Quai des Etats-Unis.
- Quai des Etats-Unis is paved and wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
The Quai des Etats-Unis is the walkway that follows the eastern beaches of Nice between the Promenade des Anglais and Quai de Rauba Capeu. The quai runs parallel to the Cours Saleya, the main pedestrian area of Old Town Nice, and is within walking distance of Castle Hill and the Opéra de Nice. The quai can easily be reached by bike, pedicab, and hop-on hop-off bus tour.
When to Get There
The Quai des Etats-Unis is open at all times since it is a public pedestrian walkway. It is a great place to visit at any time of the day since it tends to be less busy than the neighboring Promenade des Anglais. To avoid the crowds in Nice and still enjoy pleasant weather, visit in May, June, or September.
Promenade des Anglais Promenade des Anglais (Avenue of the English) stretches for 4 miles (7 kilometers) from the airport to the Quai des Etats-Unis and is one of France’s most well known seafronts and the main tourist area in Nice. Known locally as just “the Prom,” this wide pedestrian thoroughfare gets its name from the English expats who paid for it to be built in the early 1800s.
- Things to do in French Riviera
- Things to do in Monte-Carlo
- Things to do in Cannes
- Things to do in Toulon
- Things to do in Langhe-Roero and Monferrato
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Marignane
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Arles
- Things to do in Nîmes
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Provence
- Cours Saleya Flower Market (Marché aux Fleurs Cours Saleya)
- Molinard Perfumery (Maison Molinard)
- Massena Square (Place Masséna)
- Castle Hill (Colline du Château)
- Quai Lunel
- Place Garibaldi
- Massena Art & History Museum (Musée Masséna)
- Marc Chagall National Museum (Musée National Marc Chagall)
- Hotel Negresco
- St. Nicholas Cathedral (Cathédrale Saint-Nicolas)
- Nice Old Town (Vieux Nice)
- Mt. Boron (Mont Boron)
- Matisse Museum (Musée Matisse)
- Cimiez Monastery (Monastere de Cimiez)
- Villefranche Cruise Port (Port de la Santé)