Discover a wide range of entertainment at Olympiapark. Check out the SEA LIFE® Munich Aquarium for a glimpse of the sea creatures, visit the top of the Olympic Tower for panoramic Munich views, or set out on an architecture-themed tour. There is also a museum dedicated to rock and roll with an exhibition of memorabilia including guitars. Olympiapark is a popular stop on city tours of Munich including the hop-on, hop-off bus.
Things to know before you go
- Olympiapark is a must-see attraction for adrenaline seekers, sports fans, and families seeking educational opportunities.
- This landmark is accessible for wheelchairs and strollers.
- Check out the on-site Olympic Walk of Stars, modeled after the Hollywood version.
- The Olympiapark site also offers tennis courts and a seasonal beer garden.
How to get there
Olympiapark is located at Spiridon-Louis-Ring 21 in Munich. It is easily accessible via public transportation; take the U-Bahn to Olympiazentrum, the tram to Olympic Park West or Petuelring, or the city bus to Olympiazentrum, Petuelring, or Olympiapark Nord. Parking is available for a fee on-site.
When to get there
Travelers may want to plan a visit based on annual events such as Holiday on Ice or the Super Cross Cup. In general, the most popular time of year to visit Munich is during the summer months and during the Oktoberfest celebrations in late September and early October. Sidestep the crowds by traveling during the shoulder season in the spring or fall.
Special and Seasonal Events
In addition to all of the year-round entertainment, Olympiapark also offers special events and seasonal events. Check the official website for details on flea markets, outdoor movies on giant screens, a summer festival, art programs for kids, dance performances, and more.
- Things to do in Bavaria
- Things to do in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Nuremberg
- Things to do in Hallstatt
- Things to do in Davos
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Zurich
- Things to do in Lucerne
- Things to do in Strasbourg
- Things to do in Austrian Alps
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- SEA LIFE® Munich
- Olympic Tower
- BMW Museum
- Old Pinakothek (Alte Pinakothek)
- King's Square (Königsplatz)
- New Pinakothek (Neue Pinakothek)
- Nymphenburg Palace (Schloss Nymphenburg)
- English Garden (Englischer Garten)
- Field Marshals' Hall (Feldherrnhalle)
- Munich Residence (Residenz München)
- House of the Arts (Haus der Kunst)