One of the largest water parks in Greece, Lido Waterpark offers upwards of 18 acres (7 hectares of wet and wild fun. Cool off while you zoom down water slides, splash in the wave pool, float along the lazy river, and relax in the hot tub. Smaller tots have a dedicated interactive area with gentle wading pools and waterfalls.
Attracting up to 3,000 guests each day, the Lido Waterpark is one of the most popular family-friendly attractions on Kos. Experience the park’s many water slides and pools, with favorites including the Kamikaze, the Hydro Tube, the Black Hole, and a multi‐lane giant slide prime for racing. The Lazy River, a wave pool, and a Jacuzzi provide spots to relax once you’ve had your fill of excitement on the slides, while an interactive children’s area includes water pistols, a rotating water bucket, slides, and waterfalls.
Just 4 miles (6.4 kilometers) from the Turkish coastline, the island of Kos is a popular day trip from Turkey. Boat tours set sail from Bodrum, or you can opt for an excursion around all three of the Dodecanese Islands—Kos, Tilos, and Nisyros—directly from Kos.
Things to know before you go
- With dedicated areas divided by age, a minizoo, playroom, trampoline, and kids’ restaurant, the water park is ideal for families with children.
- There are sunbeds and umbrellas for shade, lockers for hire to store personal belongings, changing rooms, and showers.
- With everything from snack bars to a fast-food restaurant, even fussy eaters will find something to suit their taste.
- Be sure to bring your swimming suit, towel, and flip-flops.
- The park is accessible to wheelchair users, though not all attractions are suitable for those with limited mobility.
- Lifeguards are on duty at all the pools and slides; there is a minimum height requirement for some of the slides and rides.
How to get there
Lido Waterpark is located at Mastichari Beach, about 15 miles (25 kilometers) from Kos town and just 3 miles (5 kilometers) from the airport. A free shuttle bus service runs between several tourist hotels and the park daily, and many public bus routes run to the park. There is also a large parking lot.
When to get there
The water park closes in winter, but in summer is a popular family-friendly destination and can be crowded on weekends or holidays. Arrive in the morning to grab the best sun loungers and enjoy the slides before the lines get too long.
Family-Friendly Mastichari Beach
Stretching over a mile (1.6 kilometers), this wide, white beach of fine sand has a picturesque dune and clutch of shady trees. There are sun loungers and umbrellas to rent, as well as enough water sports and activities to keep families with children entertained. The relatively quiet location is perfect for kiting, windsurfing, and sailing.
- Things to do in Dodecanese
- Things to do in Bodrum
- Things to do in Marmaris
- Things to do in Rhodes
- Things to do in Kusadasi
- Things to do in Selçuk
- Things to do in Sarigerme
- Things to do in Izmir
- Things to do in Santorini
- Things to do in Pamukkale
- Things to do in Alanya
- Things to do in Olympia
- Things to do in Larnaca
- Things to do in Aegean Coast
- Things to do in Cyclades Islands