Saved to wishlist!
Learn more about Kawagoe’s history and culture on this small-group (max. 6) walking tour. You’ll meet your guide in Kawagoe and head to its interesting attractions, including the bell tower, Shinto shrines, and the historic Storehouse Street, which evokes Edo-era Japan. Shop for souvenirs, including local sweets from Candy Alley.
A walking tour is indisputably the best way to explore Kawagoe, famed for its Edo-style architecture and vibrant shopping streets. See the best of Kawagoe on a 4-hour small-group walking tour, limited to 10 people to ensure an intimate atmosphere. While learning about the history of the former prosperous castle town, you’ll tick off highlights such as Kawagoe Ichinagai Street, Dream Street, Spatiotemporal Bell, and Kawagoe Hikawa Shrine.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Hi, everyone. This is all of a sudden, do you know the Japanese culture? Are you interested? Why did I start "Kawagoe guide"? I was born in Kawagoe and spent 26 years here. Many travelers are intrigued by the architecture of the city but do not understand the history behind it. I will be pleased to guide you through the path of the past and we will have fun doing it. In fact, I played truant from English study. Instead of going to English classes, I would remain home and sleep.Haha However, I wanted to be a backpacker and travel to over 20 countries. So, I started to study English desperately. I had trouble speaking and understanding the local language however, I was taken care of abroad by the local people. It is now my turn to repay the kindness that was shown to me. Let's talk about Japan together.
You can explore Kawagoe, Saitama Pref. as you want with a local professional & friendly guide. Since this is a customized private tour, you can choose the tour time and the sights you visit. You will have great time and great food. Hotel meet up is included to ensure you receive a stress-free experience. If you are not sure where you wanna go, follow the sample itinerary.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best tours in Kawagoe?
What tours in Kawagoe are taking additional safety precautions?
These Kawagoe experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What tours in Kawagoe are good for avoiding crowds?
- Things to do in Saitama Prefecture
- Things to do in Musashino
- Things to do in Tokyo
- Things to do in Kawasaki
- Things to do in Kamakura
- Things to do in Narita
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Kyoto
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Sapporo
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Tokyo Prefecture
- Things to do in Kanto
- Things to do in Kanagawa Prefecture
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets